18 October 2007

Hip Update

I know I have made a lot of post lately...but life has been busy and I always have to brag about Taylor...

Today Taylor had her follow up appointment for her hip. First, they did an ultrasound and determined that is was dislocated but not as bad as we had thought. Your hip is supposed to at least at a 60 degree angle and Taylor's left hip is at 53 degrees. Not that far off. So they decided that the harness is going well and that we will continue with it. We know she will be in it for another 4 weeks and then they will do another ultrasound. From there we just keep checking and determining how much longer she will wear the harness. Eventually she will only have to wear it during nap time and bedtime. And then not at all. For about 6 months they will keep checking her hip after she is done wearing the harness, just to make sure everything is still going okay. We are pleased with the diagnosis and feel it is much better than we imagined! I am afraid that she won't get to wear some of her clothes...like pants, etc. Hopefully we will have another girl that can use them.

3 comments:

The Hunzikers said...

I can't believe she is already a month old!!! Wasn't it just yesterday we were at Applebees?? Okay, I cleared things we Jeff and we could come up Sat. afternoon if that still works for you. I have a primary activity from 10-12 so sometime after that. Let me know what works for you. I'm getting very antsy to see your little cutie!

M and J said...

Looks like you guys are doing great. It was fun to hear from you. Now that I have you blog info I can keep up with what is going on.

Lindsey said...

I am so glad that things are looking well. Keep the updates with the pictures of Taylor coming. What better place to show off a cute baby than on the blog. And with a cute baby like Taylor you'd better show her off.