Are we really?
I have to vent just a little. I feel, especially lately, that wherever I go and whomever I deal with, they are lacking customer service. As my dad has said...there is no more customer service anymore. Where have all the polite people gone. The ones who go to their job each day and put on a smile and just do their job with a positive attitude. I know they are out there, but I feel like I have dealt with all the ones who hate their jobs and could care less about me and my needs. Especially when someone in their company has dropped the ball, and all they can do is say "I'm sorry!" But yet they don't do anything to make my situation better or to work with me in the matter, they simply apologize over and over but don't offer to fix the problem. Now, maybe I am not always right, but in my last couple of experiences I feel I did everything I could and even went out of my way to make sure I covered my bases. And somehow, someone drops the ball and poor communication has created a problem. Maybe I should help you better understand...
For example...today I was planning on going down to check out of our apartment that we still are currently renting. We have cleaned it, and done everything we need to do. I called A WEEK AGO, today, to set up a time that someone could come in and do a walk through with me and sign us out. Seeing how it is not very convenient for me to just stop by I needed to do it in advance. So the person I talked to started to set up an apt. with me, then later tells me that all I need to do it call the day of and someone will come over. BEFORE, I hung up the phone, I restated what he just told me and let him know that I have to travel an hour to get there, and basically doubled checked that all I had to do was call that day...covering my bases!
He confirmed with me but I should have known that something would go wrong. So now it is a week later, and I got ready to go down and get this taken care of. I called and hour ahead, since that is what I have to travel, and asked if someone could meet me there. I was then informed that I needed to give them a 2 hour window. I told the lady, that I had plans to be somewhere and I couldn't do 2 hours but I could do 1 1/2 hours. She said no go. So I told her of my frustration, and how I tried to take care of this A WEEK AGO, and no one told me to give them a 2 HOUR WINDOW. Of course all she said to me was "I'm sorry!" and was in no way willing to work with me and give me an hour and half. I understand there is policy and I understand it wasn't her fault, but why didn't the person last week inform me of their policy, when I SPECIFICALLY told him of my situation. And why doesn't the lady try to work with me and make my situation, THEIR CUSTOMER, a little better. Instead, she apologizes and expects me to work around my schedule to make it work...they don't bend in anyway.
Well, I could go on forever, and this is just one of my many experiences I have had lately. I just wish people were a little more accommodating when someone in their company DROPS THE BALL! And that people would have a little better attitude when they go to work and know that their are their to SERVE others. It that too much to ask, apparently so!
Thanks for listening! Sorry for the venting.
26 July 2007
The Customer is ALWAYS right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm sorry you had such a rough time getting checked out of your apt. I know what you mean about customer service! I was at Sally Beauty a few weeks ago and I went up to the check stand to check out and the cashier sat and talked on the phone to her mom for like five minutes while I waited. She just wanted to check me out while she was on the phone, but I told her I had a question. So she just continued her conversation and then rolled her eyes and said, "Mom, I'm going to have to call you back, I have to help someone!" I felt like I was totally putting her out! Sometimes I die the way the teenagers treat you these days! I keep thinking where are all the managers and who keeps hiring all these craps! It can't get alot worse, can it?
here's the problem: all the customer service reps are overseas...companies are out-sourcing to "keep costs down"...or so they say. (i don't see any decrease in price on my end.)
then, you have the hispanic population (i have nothing against legal immigrants who are contributing to the local economy),working the min. wage jobs b/c others think they are above the $6/hr job and refuse to work. it's going to get worse before it gets better.
I'm sorry! Give me a call when you do end up coming down!
That is terriable! And I to know how you feel and been experiance it latley too!
I totally agree! The best - is the end of your pregnancy - you are so miserable and you get so on edge. I was in charge of this super saturday on steroids for our ward the day before I delivered (yeah, talk about the stress put me into labor... hmmmm!) Anyhow, people I was working with were so unhelpful - all of these craft supplies were supposed to be here on time - long story, they weren't - They tried to blame it on me, it was ridiculous - I totally ripped them a new one! I got so on edge near the end of my pregnancy. Also, when I was in labor, this nurse came into to put in an IV, and she totally missed the vein, and I have awesome veins, and she looks at me and said "you moved." I was like, what the heck? I did not move my hand. So, then she tries the other hand and misses again - and I'm like - so what happened that time? I understand that people have bad days, but I was like, don't try to blame it on me if you miss my vein hunny! It was funny - but I was thinking - kind of along the same line - the patient is always right, if you know what I mean! :)
Post a Comment