09 July 2007

Baby Update

As a request from my sister, I am giving a baby update! First, the mommy...me! I am feeling pretty good, although I have now started to feel a little uncomfortable at times. She likes to hang out in the weirdest spots in my belly and it is just a little weird. I haven't felt her in my ribs, which I hear is not very fun. Sleeping has been good, I noticed I am not a deep sleeper anymore and I hear everything and wake up every time I flip over. I have been a back sleeper, so for the last 4 months I have learned to stay off my back, but every now and then I need to relieve the sleepiness in my legs from being on my side. Other than that, I get through the night, with only 1 bathroom break. Speaking of the bathroom, I now feel like she is permanently sitting on my bladder...to the point where it kind of hurts and I have to rush to the bathroom...or there could be a problem. :) What else...no more food issues...except that everything gives me heartburn...I have tried to lay off the foods that do it, but I swear I wake up with it and then it is there all day! Not my favorite. I am definitely getting bigger...in all areas, but I am trying to embrace it. All-in-all, I love feeling her move and I am always putting my had on my belly waiting for something. I am very ready for her to be here and get our family started.

As for the baby, the doc says all is good. Growing healthy and heartbeat is good. I start going every 2 weeks in August. I haven't done much for setting up the nursery. We just packed up our apartment last Friday, and all the boxes are sitting in the garage, along with the baby furniture. Eric is taking a break from moving things, and he needs some help, seeing how I can't lift anything...I tried to get the stroller out, and as you can see, I didn't get very far because it was too heavy. I have started to unpack baby gifts and what not, but I am waiting for the dresser to put things away more. Plus, the bed in the guest bedroom needs to be moved so we can put the furniture in. So, as you can see...we haven't done much but by things. We have 3 months right? We still haven't decided on a name, because we still can't agree. Eric is still trying to sell me on Hailee, but I am still not loving that. We will have a name by the time we go to the hospital, I will give you that. Below are some pictures of my latest purchase...at Gymboree of course, my sister wanted to see actual pictures of things so here is what we have so far...not shown are tons of "onezies" I have gotten as gifts. I love buying clothes...eric does too :), and feel like I still don't have enough. Thanks to all for the gifts we have received so far...we can't wait for our little girl to come...we will keep you posted! Once the room is set up, a picture will follow. Does this work for you brit as an update...I did my best!


Here's the baby furniture and stroller...still in the box!


All the stuff from our apartment...we sold all of our furniture and just might sell our bed to my mom and dad who are storing it in their spare bedroom.


The nursery...this is about as far as I have gotten.



Cute clothes!


I am think this may be the "bring home from the hospital" outfit.

2 comments:

Jack Attack said...

nice...good luck with the testing tomorrow. call me.

Anonymous said...

Okay that's funny because I got the Kissy fish outfit for Mads in the 7lbs. I took Maddy home in the little bunny romper....same line as the onesie that your thinking about. I want the cherry dress or something from that line... is there anything still left?? That's so nice because if you don't get something because it sells out..wait a year and get it at the outlet! Can you now understand my Gymboree addiction?????

I'm glad that all is well with you and the baby. Can't wait to see you guys on Friday. It's been forever. I'll bring my magical heart burn pills for you!! Safe for the baby!!!