On Sunday Eric, Taylor and I were just lounging around. Taylor just went down for a nap, Eric was watching tv and I think I was upstairs sewing. All was quiet and nice and then we hear a loud rumbling over the house. It grew louder and louder until Eric yells that he sees 5 huge helicopters flying by. We run out onto the deck and you could see the American flag on the side. Not knowing what they are doing flying around here so low, we then suspect that it has something to do with President Bush coming to Utah this week. He is supposed to go to Mitt Romney's house in Deer Valley. So Eric decides he is going to chase them down, because they look like they are about to land just around the hill from the house. I run the camera out to him and tell him to take some pictures in case he happens to see anything good.
Eric of course saw all the action. He said he felt like the paparazzi, parking his car and running down the field with camera in hand. 46 pictures later, here is what he saw...
It was the United States Marine Corp preparing and practicing for when Bush comes to town. He is supposed to be here Wednesday and I am sure all major roads will be shut down, so hopefully we remember to stay home so we don't get caught sitting on the roads somewhere.
A pretty exciting Sunday for us. Eric loves the Marines and has always said, "If I was 19 again, I would join the Marines!"






11 comments:
wow! sounds like PC is the place to be!! haha no the 2nd will work for me i am leaving that night!
Exciting! Those are some cool helicopters.
WOW! What an awesome Sunday. You'll have to let us know how Wednesday goes. Great pictures!
that's pretty cool.
Jonna! I did see your last comment & have totally forgotten to write you back! It has been fun to see your cute little girl, and your awesome blog! You are a pro!! Are you at home with your baby now? I am getting ready for a summer without classes, finally! Thank you for sending me a note! I'm so putting you on my blog :)
He got some great shots. So I guess you won't get to get that close on Wednesday, huh? Oh well.
jack would have LOVED that! nice shots, Eric.
COOL! I love that your husband took off and took all those pictures. Too bad Bush or Romney weren't there. I would love to meet them both (or at least see them in person!)
I'm totally going to take you up your offer to make my blog cute! :) Expect an e-mail soon. THANKS!
That's a funny story! You'll have to keep us posted and the camera handy for tomorrow! Love the picture of you in the post below, you look gorgeous! About the reunion - we don't know yet. Spence really wants to go. Is there a deadline to buy the tickets? Spence starts his internship on Monday, so we'll have more info once he starts that.
That is pretty exciting! I love that Eric ran out with a camera--too funny. Even though I don't get to see you as much I would like, I will miss knowing that I could. You are such a great friend and thank heavens for blogs!!
I got the chills...what a moment to experience! I could just see Eric bookin it out of the house and chasing them down! Good man! And I love the paparazzi :) I'm a dork who buys the "bad" magazines as Jay calls them. I love that his brother is in magazines and in a reality show! I would love to be part of the paparazzi!
Post a Comment