29 April 2008

CRAFT FAIR!

Alright...I know a lot of you have been asking how it went. So here it is. I have had my sister in town...came in to help with the show...so we have been busy with family and I haven't had time to post. Anyway, I would say the craft show went "okay." If you asked about half of the vendors there, they would have said it was "not good." It was my first one so I had no idea what to compare it to, but I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a lot of traffic coming through. It seemed super slow the whole day. I did sell some things, couple burp cloth sets, and diaps and wipes totes, but now a huge success. It was fun to set everything up, thanks mom and brit for your help, and mom for sitting around all day with me, but I would have liked to sell a lot more.

Here are some pics from my first show!










The good that came from it all....

*I networked with other vendors about ideas and buying wholesale fabric together
*it gave me an idea of what to expect for the next one( may be doing one on May 9th!)

*it was fun to make everything (even though I sewed through my finger...another story)

*lots of my business cards were taken and there seemed to be a lot of interested people in my custom bedding, so who knows what could come from that.

All-in-all, it was a good experience, but I don't know if I would do a craft fair with the same people again, it seemed to be a huge disappointment to the vendors and even some of the customers, but it was a learning experiencing.

What's next...
*start my custom bedding order (due at the end of June)
*finish a sheet for the bedding I sold
*sew more things that I thought people wanted to see more of at the show

*relax a little

*look for more craft shows to be in to compare

*get my stuff into local shops to sell


So, there it is. It was fun to see some of you who came down! I hope to do more craft shows and I hope they are a good market...keep you posted!

11 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow Jonna, look at all of your stuff!!! It is so cute. So my friend Sarah Richards (her blog is under utah friends - richards) is selling stuff at a craft fair pretty soon - she has it on her blog. Maybe you could go to that one - you should ask her about it if you would be interested, I mean you have all that stuff made. A bunch of my friends have commented to me that they love your stuff, so I am sure that you will slowly build up clientèle. So, tell Eric the camera is a good deal at Costco, and that it's totally an investment. We should probably be the couple NOT buying it considering we aren't working right now!!! ;) I hope you get it!!!

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

Good job on your first fair. Maybe this is the one you are doing, but my cousin does one that is always super busy. My sister has sold stuff there before and has done really well. You don't have to sit at this one, they take care of everything. http://www.beehivebazaar.blogspot.com/

Carrie and Jeff said...

Sounds like you need to take some time to rest, but who has time for that? Your stuff is so super cute.

Lindsey said...

For your first fair I think it sounds like you did GREAT!!! Your stuff is dang cute, and I bet you will start see orders coming in soon!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Jonna - are you burned out or are you interested in going to more craft events. It seems like I always have friends in Utah that are doing craft fairs at each other's houses. Do you want me to pass your name along to them since your stuff is so cute and you already have a bunch made?

Jack Attack said...

you did really well i have not doubt that your product will move quickly. so fun to spend time with you. kiss Tay-Tay for me and squeeze those thighs. see you soon!

Camie said...

What an experience! Way to put together a professional-looking table. I need your email so that I can send you a cute pic.

Cianne said...

It sounds like you are super busy with all of your crafting. One question...where did you learn to sew? I can't sew a straight line, let alone a complete bedding set! You are awesome. I hope that you keep getting more orders. Hopefully I can convince Jordan that I need new bedding if we ever have more babies-I mean we will have more, so hopefully a girl because Caleb's bedding is pretty nice.

The Peterson's said...

It sounds like you learned a lot for this craft fair! Thing will go better next time I'm sure! You have way cute stuff so I'm sure it will pick up! Good Job!!

E Winzeler said...

Everything looks darling! How exciting, your first fair! I can't believe how much you've made...very impressive!

Lacey said...

It's just so great that you're doing all of this. We do need to get together for craft days. Call me and we will set up a date night and craft day.