My sister did a Flashback Friday post last week of her dating years. She had old dance pictures up and it made me get out my photo album and go through my dating years in high school. I say high school, because I didn't date much in college. I traveled a lot, and when I was home, I usually just hung out with boys. I gained some weight while I was over sea's, and I was convinced that was why no one wanted to date me. It was probably my fault, but I enjoyed just hanging out with a group of guys. I did go on a few dates, but I always seemed to be attracted to the pre-missionaries...so I never got my hopes up.
Anyway, here are some flashbacks into my high school days. I always loved the dances. Girl's Choice's were the best. We had a great group of girls and we always insisted we all go to the dances together...and there was always a fight, but great fun none the less. I hope my girl friends get a good laugh out of these!!

freshman year...Las Vegas Night. I went with Ted H. Such a fun guy...we dated a little and then became better friends. He and his friend Bentley, were our chauffeurs to all my friends and I. They were sophomores boys and had cars...we loved hanging out with them.

Prom sophomore year. I went with a friend. He was friends with the guys and I was friends with the girls so it worked.


Girls Choice's Junior year. Totally 80's! Loved this one. This was my time of dating boys from other schools. Thought that was cool. This kid, Tom, was a water polo guy. My friend Adi and I went through this phase of water polo guys.


Prom my junior year. I went with my good friend Spencer. We said if neither of us had a date we would go with each other. So we did. They picked me up in a semi all decorated...definitely a first and definitely fun! So creative. This was the 1st overnighter date I had. Can't believe my parents let that one happen!:) We stayed up late, don't know if we slept...and had breakfast the next morning. I had a lot of fun with Spencer.
...and yes...that is eric on the far left, with another girl...we weren't dating yet!

Homecoming Senior Year. I was supposed to go with eric, but he took to long to ask me (far left, second row...don't mind the girl...so not a good idea) So my good friend Rhett beat him. He was in my ward and we always had so much fun together. I always remember drinking Mtn. Dew, eating peach rings and listening to La Diddly Qwa Qwa with him.


Girl's Choice Monster Mash & Hawaii. The beginning of Eric and I dating. Eric and I had such fun dating. We always hung out with a big group of friends. I only remember 3-4 actuall dates we went on. We rarely went out on formal dates. I liked it that way. Our group of friends were so much fun and very easily entertained. It always consisted of hanging out at someones house and entertaining ourselves.


Prom Senior Year. We always had to have a girl shot and boy shot...classics. Eric and I had broken up for a couple of months and this dance was our first date back together...and the rest is history... so cheesy! But I wouldn't change our story for anything. I love have these old memories with Eric. It makes our relationship that much stronger and it is fun reminiscing about our high school days.

After my high school dating, eric left for a mission, and I "technically" didn't wait for him, but I was very available when he came home!!!

This is Eric and I dating in college with our friends Jason(from high school) and his wife Erin. It took time for Eric and I to get back to where we were and move forward. I am glad we took the time to date and get to know each other all over again. I have a wonderful husband, and friend.
And the only dating times worth remembering!:)

13 comments:
I love this! I might have to copy you / your sister. Crazy how young everyone looks.
You are one brave cookie. I don't think I have the guts to take out my high school dance pictures; too scary. LOL! I loved reading this, though, and looking at all of the pictures. Good times!
..ya know--- looking back- that date by semitruck trailer was probably SO in violation of traffic laws/passenger transport laws. etc..... amazing....one of a kind experience.
I love looking back at my dance pictures from high school. Maybe I'll do a blog like this someday. Great idea!
I love them, brings back some good memories. We did have a lot of fun together. I was watching something last night and the person said, "high school never ends" I guess for you and it it never will. Thanks for the memories and here's to the future!!!
who is josh? and what is with all the blonde tips on your guy friends?
blonde tips was in...don;t ya know! Just a phase...that is all.
Oh my goodness! The dresses, the hair, the drama!! I look like I'm 12-years-old in that red dress with Scott Cunningham. So awesome!
Those pictures were so fun to see! I TOTALLY want to get together next week!!! I'm excited you will be in P-town. Mon, Wed, or Fri would be best for me because jeff is at school all day. Let me know and let's plan!! I'm excited!!!!!
You look so little!! I loved the look back.
Yes, come visit any time! Next week would be perfect. The beginning part of the week would be best for me!
We think you two made the best choice, glad you stuck it out and still have such great memeories
Jonna - WOW, YOU HAVE ONE HOT JR RROM DATE!!! :) Awesome post, loved it.
So, Spence said he asked you cause he really wanted to go with you and he had a BLAST! After I read that I asked him if you weren't that fun, and he said you were tons of fun, and he had such a fun time! What fun memories.
Post a Comment