11 August 2007

Saying Goodbye!


Today we said goodbye to the 1991 teal green Acura. Eric has loved this car and has always been proud of how it "runs like a champ!" Two days ago, on his way to work, the clutch went out on him right before he made it to the freeway. I had to go pick him up so he could come get the other car to get to work. Luckily, he made it to a parking lot where we could let it stay for a couple of days. In the meantime, we decided it was time to "let her go!" No one wanted to buy it when we were trying to sell it earlier, so we decided to just sell it as is for a bargain of a price. Eric put it on Craig's List last night around 8:00. He posted it with all the things that needed to be fixed on it, at $400. At this point, we just wanted to get rid of it. We have put a lot of money into it and decided, no more. We were going to run it to the ground...and I guess this was the ground for us.

About 5 minutes after Eric posted the car we had call after call, all night long. People could not resist the price! We had people saying they wanted it no questions asked. So the next day, today, we were contacted again by more people and finally a girl who was in desperate need of a car, decided to come up and look at it and bring a family friend who repairs cars. They were sold!!! The didn't even hesitate...probably because we listed it for such a steal. All-in-all, we felt good about giving it to someone who really needed it and wouldn't have to pay to get it fixed. Eric of course had a hard time letting it go...this was his pride and joy. He believed this car to be one of the best (even though I didn't like it that much!:). He took good care of it and it served us well.

Goodbye Ol' Champ!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will tough to see her go. but she has been a true warrior. I will miss her dearly but will live with the great memories forever etched in my soul. She has truly been a intregral part of our lives. Goodbye our green acura!

Brad

Lacey said...

That's exactly how I felt when sold my Honda and got the Acura. Nate thought I was insane because it was such a big upgrade, but I still felt sad. All the memories from HS and college! It took a couple days and I was fine! I wonder if we are going to have to pay someone to actually get rid Nate's Honda!

Jack Attack said...

shoot...if i knew the price was going to be so low, i would have taken it :)...probably would have cost me less than the BMW did! dang!

(looks like you are a pro at your pg...do mine pls?)

jonna said...

What is pg, brit?

Jack Attack said...

pg=short for page...did you never learn that in grade school?!?!? come on, get with it!

jonna said...

got ya! Bring your computer up with you and we can work on it.

Lindsey said...

That's awesome that you were able to still get something out of the car. Grant says that we are going to drive our cars into the ground, so it's nice to know that when you do that you can still get "something" out of it!!!