16 August 2007

Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands


So I borrowed the famous Dr. Laura book, from my sister, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" just to read for fun. I have been listening to her on the radio and I was curious to see what she had to say and if I was "properly feeding and caring" for Eric. The feeding part I do great!:) I cook dinner every night...I actually enjoy it and it is the least I could do for Eric when he works 11 hour days!

I am only half way through the book and feel like I am doing a pretty good job. And...it is a nice reminder of what I can do to make our marriage better and both of us happier. I am in no way a perfect wife, but I really do try to show kindness and appreciation to Eric as often as I can. As Dr. Laura says, you will get the same in return. Fancy that! Eric has definitely been a big help lately. He has really gone out of his way to make things easier for me. I am very grateful for Eric and as he always says

"We are perfect for each other!"

Here are just SOME of the reasons why I love and appreciate Eric!

1-the number one thing has always been that he makes me laugh
2-he is a hard worker at everything he does...he always wants it to be his best work
3-he does the dishes!!!
4-he is a saver! He makes sure we always save money for our future
5-he always wants to hang out with me...we find each others company the best
6-he has learned how to deal with my sensitivity and is always trying to be aware of my feelings.
7-he is a goof! I love to hear him sing is "jingles"
8-he's easy to please...food, movies, etc.
9-he will put on a happy face even when he doesn't want to do something
10-he puts me first!

Thanks Eric for the past 5 1/2 years. They have been great and we
"really do have fun together!"

After just some of the things I love about Eric, how could I not strive to do everything I can to make him happy too. I have learned that it is not always about me and pleasing me...it needs to go both ways and you have to both want to make the other happy all the time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are the perfect match! Isn't so great to do everything with your best friend. I want to read that book once your done. I have never read or listen to Dr. Laura. Sounds like I'm missing out.

jonna said...

Dr. Laura can be a little intense and rude to her guest...but she is still fun to listen to, and really does have a good sense of family values. You would probably read the book in 2 days...unlike me...it takes me forever. You think being a 1st grade teacher I would have a love for reading...but I don't. Eric and I try to read every night now before bed...this is helping!

Jack Attack said...

well said. treat your spouse the way you would want to be treated. i have the 2nd book (hard copy and CD) so let me know when you want to read it. it just gives me better ideas on how to improve my husband's day...like combing my hair and putting a little make-up on before he gets home from work (so he doesn't forget why he married me:)...you'll soon experience this)

I love Dr Laura. I can't get enough. I listen to her 3 hrs a day while cleaning/cooking/playing with Jack and download her on my ipod for the gym. it makes my workouts go by so much faster.

did i ever tell you Eric reminds me of Chandler? but if he's Chandler, who are you? either way, you guys are good for each other

jonna said...

Chandler from friends? yeah I see it b/c of his goofiness? Who am I...i guess that makes me Monica??? No, I am definitely not anal about cleaning! But I like to cook!So...who knows.

I will have to borrow the next one...do you want to just bring it up with you? Great!

The Peterson's said...

I think I need to read that book because Owen is a better cook then I am and he enjoys house work so I just let him go at it. I am the bread winner and he is the house wife. I think we have our roles confused. But it works for us and we are also BEST FRIENDS! I loved you blog about your husband. It reminds me how I feel about mine!

Lindsey said...

I like to listen to Dr. Laura sometimes when I am in the car too. She really lets people have it, but I don't think they would get it if she sugar coated it. Funny thing is that most of the stuff she says is mostly just commonsense. I think that is why I like her. So when are you coming down to do work at the school next? Let me know, and I'll try to go out there with you. :)