27 August 2007

It's 3:00 a.m...

...and I haven't fully gone to sleep yet. I have acid reflux and every time I attempt to lay down and go to sleep...it happens. I also have a cold and that has kept me up the last couple of nights, but with this acid reflux, I don't even notice the cold. I am so tired and all I want to do is go to bed...but my throat is burning and I am just sitting here trying to wait it out. This is another reason why I am very ready for this baby to be here. The last couple of weeks, I don't sleep well. I know, I know...it is all to help you get ready for those restless nights when the baby comes...but I would take that over all this right now. I would much rather be getting up to feed the baby then deal with heartburn and acid reflux. The only good thing is I have no where to be tomorrow, so hopefully, I will wonder into bed within the next hour and be able to sleep in! Let's hope that is the case!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonna I am so sorry, it will be better

The Peterson's said...

Just remember that it will all be worth it in the end... You are just waiting for the end! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey! That's seriously the worst. you've only got a few weeks left and then you be thinking about other parts of your body that hurt and you still won't have any sleep. Your almost there!! I bet Eric is getting sooooo excited. I'm leaving for Chicago on Wednesday. Maybe next weekend. What do you think???

Anonymous said...

Like Mandy said...IT will all be worth it!!! Baby yourself and get a massage!

Jack Attack said...

they say if you have heartburn, your kid has a lot of hair (look at jack).

i had a few nights like that, but was able to control it by watching what i ate (i.e. broccoli, califlower, oj) and i did't eat anything 2 hours before I went to bed. Try dad's remedy of 1 spoonful of plain yogurt. I also found milk helped...go figure. Hang tough kid...it all goes away the moment you deliver.

Lindsey said...

Wow! I am so sorry. I didn't have the acid reflux problem. That really sucks. People kept telling me the same thing about sleepless nights while pregnant and it never helped. Hang in there! You're almost done. :)