So, we have some news. I went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly checkup and in the process, the doctor felt like the baby's bum was down and her head was up. So we did an ultrasound to confirm that, yes our little baby is breech. I would have to say it was a little shocking to hear because it was unexpected, but at the same time you hear about it everyday and people having C-Sections. Now I will go in next week and the doctor will try to turn the baby and see if we can get her in position. My doctor said the process can be a little painful but I think it is worth a try. There is a 60% chance we can get her to move, but being a first time mom, that can make it a little difficult. If she doesn't move, the we let nature take it's course for a little bit and then we go from there. Interesting information to find out, unexpected. I am not scared, just wasn't expecting this...I might have to get mentally prepared for something totally different. All-in-all, things are good, baby is good, mom is good, and still ready to have this baby, no matter what the way.
P.S-We still don't have a name! (We are getting close though:)
05 September 2007
She's Breech!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
so she's already going to be difficult even before she is born (this is why I don't want girls:).
go do cartwheels or stand on your head or something...that might help :). It'll all work out. Look at the up side...at least with a C-section, you can schedule your delivery.
I hear it's really really painful...they give you an epidural to try to turn the baby. Eric is going to need to buy you a maternity massage after that. I'm so sorry...I'm sure you know that sometimes they can turn on their own the closer it gets to delivery. Hang in their!!! I agree with your sister...TRY THE CARTWHEEL IDEA!!
sorry for the spelling errors!! i wish it had spell check!
Dang! I am so sorry Jonna. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I don't. All I can say, is everything is going to be just fine. I totally agree with Lacey and your sister. Let me know if I can do anything such as bring you dinner, a visit for moral support. Whatever you need, Grace and I would love to help.
P.S. What is your due date again? I am so dinging. I know it's getting close. If we can swing it, lets try to go to lunch again before the baby comes.
Good Luck! I know you can handle anything. You have always been the super woman. Your little angel has to give you some memories of this special time!!
Post a Comment