We wanted to welcome our new baby girl into the blogging world! Taylor was born September 20, 2007 at 7:59 p.m. She came early and she came fast! I was scheduled for a C-Section on Monday (tomorrow) but instead she came 3 days earlier. The day started out normal. I went out to breakfast with my friends Jenni and Jessie and their 2 kids. We went to the Park City Park and had bagels and got caught up. I think I was feeling fine...I only had a little cramping, but it felt like cramping I had before. So I didn't think anything of it. The rest of the day I hung around the house and just relaxed like I have been doing, while Eric studying one last day before his test!
We then decided to go and get something to eat. Dinner was good and as we were about to leave I felt the cramping feeling again, but this time followed by some serious sharp pains. I looked at Eric and told him that I had never felt these before and that these must be contractions. I thought I would have just that one, it would go away and that would be that. Well, I was wrong! About 5 minutes later, it happened again, and again, and you get the picture. We left the restaurant and started to drive home (in the opposite direction of the hospital...not to mention we are 45 minutes away from the hospital!). I started to watch the clock to see how far apart the contractions were, and they were about 5 minutes apart. Eric wasn't quite sure what to do or expect and all I could worry about was that this couldn't be happening right now because Eric hadn't taken his test yet and we needed to get that out of the way first! It is just like me to worry about Eric first!
So we got home and decided to call the doctor and get a better idea of what was happening and if it was false labor or the real thing. My doctor told me to wait until they were extremely painful and to the point where I was crying. He seemed to think they would pass...so we tried that. About 5 minutes after I talked to him, the pains became worse and were coming on a lot faster and I started to cry! I hurt and I wanted it to stop...all I could say was..."I'm done! I'm done!" Not to mention my water started to leak...not break, but leak. So I was right back on the phone with my doctor and pacing the halls trying to make myself feel better. Still my doctor thought it could be false labor but said to come down to the hospital anyway! I took that and didn't care if they sent right back home! So Eric frantically got our stuff together (I had just packed my bag the night before!), not to mention he thought I was going to be okay too...I think he really wanted to get the test out of the way before he thought about our baby! We hit the road and I began watching the clock. My contractions were now like clock work, 2 minutes apart, the whole way down the canyon.
23 September 2007
Taylor Rae-Part 1
Stay tuned for the rest of the story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love the name! I see that you stuck with your planned name, good plan! I am dying to hear the rest of the story so blog is quick! Let me know when you are ready for company and Kenedy and I will come see you! Congrats!
Congrats Again!! That sucks you had to feel the labor and get a c-section. Not the way it was suppose to happen.
we want more pictures of that cute baby! Jack is so excited to meet her...it's all he talks about :).
p.s. i mentioned plenty of my klutzy moments...read on
Welcome, Welcome, little Taylor S. Jonna and Eric, we are so stinking excited for you two. It was great chatting this afternoon. Jonna, I am so glad you are healthy as well as "your" new little daughter!!! You will be such an incredible mother and I am sure that Eric just can't stop smiling. We can't wait to see pics and to hear all the updates. We love you so much and hope to see you soon, and meet Taylor.
Much love, and Congrats,
Spence
P.S. I didn't get the email with the pics.
I am so excited for you! Get ready for the most exciting and emotional days that are to come. She is going to grow up so fast. Take lots of pictures while she's still tiny.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I have been thinking about all morning. I was thinking, however, I wonder if they have started her C-section yet, not realizing that you had already had her!!! I am so excited for you. Believe me from now on you won't be board. Love the name too!! Please, send more pictures!! I am dying to see her face. Let us know when you are up for company, because I am thinking a trip to Park City is in order. :)
Jonna:
This is such a cliff-hanger! I can't wait for Part II! Taylor is beautiful, and I had deja-vu looking at that picture of you in the operating room. That was me three months ago. AHH! Don't forget to take the painkillers!
Post a Comment