16 September 2007

I did it!


I have heard so much about the "Twilight Series", by Stephenie Meyer, that I decided to finally read them. My mom went out and bought the books and I think she had them all read in 3 days. And when my sister was in town she too, got through 2 of them in a matter of days. I took on the challenge, hoping they would be books I wouldn't get bored with and fall asleep reading. I was right. They were very easy reads and had me hooked! I just finished the third book yesterday. It didn't take me 3 days, more like a week, but that was pretty fast for me. I really enjoyed them and now I am bummed I have to wait almost a year for the next one to come out! What ever will I do!

9 comments:

Jack Attack said...

so good, huh? but who would you choose...Edward or Jacob?

tanya said...

Love these books, read them in about a week too. Any free second I had I'd crack them open. Every time Avery woke up, I'd get her back down then turn on the lights and read in the middle of the night. Needless to say, I was a Zombie, but it was worth it! So good! Can't wait for my little niece to arrive, don't want you to have to recover from a C section though - OUCH! Of course I guess it hurts no matter which form of exit! Take care and keep us posted!

Chrissy, said...

I'm glad you like the books. I posted about them too. I have a link on mine to a u-tube clip that is interesting. I came over through Heidi and Chris hope you don't mind. I think your blog is so cute. I like the background paper. Don't leave us all hanging are you a Jacob or Edward fan?

jonna said...

Well, I was kind of disappointed when I could tell she was falling for Jacob...so I guess I would have to say Edward...

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Yeah, I just borrowed the first one from my friend. I haven't started yet, but will see if I get hooked. PS - she is from Glendale, and was in my friends ward. Jonna- will you send me your address? Thanks babe!

The Birds said...

My mom is working on these books right now and then I get them next! I am glad you liked them, maybe I will be more motivated to read them since I know they are so good! My goal was not to start something else until I finished the Harry Potter books. I read the first four before I taught school and then the 5th one came out and I bought it of course, but I've never read it. I'm working on it right now, but I just never find the time to read! I guess I could be doing that instead of this! So I have the 5th, 6th and 7th Harry Potter books sitting on my shelf collecting dust and I can't start any other books until they are finished! I'd better get crackin'!

Lindsey said...

Let me just add my two sense about these books. FANTASTIC!!!! Laura got me hooked on them, so of course I had to order the 3rd one when it came out. I am with you. I can't wait until the next one comes out, and I'm all for Edward.

So sorry about today! I didn't get your message until I checked my blog today. I can't seem to find you phone number either. Could you email me your phone number and address? And how was good old Pony Express?

Anonymous said...

Good Girl!!!I haven't been able to read another book since this these.....book depression. I wish the book she is releasing in March was a book from this series. I guess I'll just be in book depression for another year!

Anonymous said...

Jonna, very uncharacteristic of me to even go to a blog, let alone comment on one, but couldn't resist putting in my two cents about these books. I read them. The first one was great. Since that one, I've wanted to choke the author and all the main characters. I just can't handle the adolescent angst and the longing and the whining. Also, don't you ever get sick of Edward's cold, hard body? The story just doesn't seem to progress. I know, party pooper. Have you read the Bloody Jack Series yet. Good fun.