Here is the update on Baby Girl Sutterfield! After 3 1/2 hours at the hospital, she did not turn! Must be stubborn...don't know who she gets that from! I went in early this morning and got all hooked up and the nurse started to monitor me and the baby. Baby Girl was great! Good heart beat, etc! Well, I was contracting a little, or should I say, more than normal, so they waited before they started the version. Mom and I just hung out and watched t.v, while I went to the bathroom every half hour (the I.V was filling me up!). By the way mom, thanks for coming with me...it made it easier to have someone there instead of being alone the whole time!
So, 3 hours later, the doctor decides to go ahead with the procedure. I had been warned many times how uncomfortable this was going to be. The Doc tells me he will only try for 2 minutes and that is all, because I won't be able to handle the pain for any more than that. I had no idea what to except, but WOW! When he started moving her around...it was indescribable what I was feeling. The worst was when he was pushing on her head...I really have no words for it. I tried to relax, while my mom told me to keep breathing in the background...I was very tense. So after 2 minutes of this, the doc realizes that Baby Sutterfield has got herself wedge pretty good in my pelvis and there was no way he could get her bum out!
So, we left it at that and decided she wasn't moving! Now, we move ahead. I have one more doctor's appointment next week and we will see if turns on her own by then. We went ahead and scheduled a C-Section for Monday, September 24th. Mark your calendars! ( I had to wait until then, because Eric has to take his test and I want him to be ready for the baby...he has kind of been in his own little study world lately...:) anyway, that is the plan for now...it is nice to have a scheduled date of when our little girl is coming...that could all change if she decides to cooperate...we will let you know.
11 September 2007
No Go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
well, bright side of things, you won't have to experience labor (i don't remember mine being too bad...only 8 hours total...thank goodness for modern medicine. I was more afraid of breastfeeding than labor).
Can't wait...we'll be there!
Dang it! Sorry you couldn't get her to move; all that pain and no positive results (get used to that, it's a big part of parenthood:)At least you can schedule the delivery date, so that's something.
What names are you considering? Last I'd heard you were thinking of Taylor, Halle and ???Addison? I still like Rory Rae ( Lori, Torie, Cory, Rory. It's like a crazy theme)
Anyway, I'm glad you're both doing well and we're really looking forward to adding this little girl into the mix.
Take good care of yourself, okay?
I was thinking about you all day today, I am sorry it didn't work, but I am sure it will all work out fine, it has to right? So nice having a set day she will be here so soon, we are so excited for you guys...
Can't imagine where she got her stubborness from!!! Sorry you had to have so much pain for no results. We will be anxiously awaiting the 24th and of course any news before then will be good. Love you both and miss you tons, we actually are trying to not think tooooooo much about it, makes us to sad and homesice. But we will make up for all of it really soon.
LOVE YOU BOTH, Phil and Connie
Yay!! Jodi Coombs
Well good luck, at least you know when your little girl is going to get here and there wont be any waking up in the middle of the night running to the hospital. Plus you will be numb and not feel labor pain. I would like that!I cry when I stub my toe and am not looking forward to labor pain!
Jonna- bummer that she didn't turn, but so exciting that in a couple of weeks your little girl will be here! We are so excited for you guys!
I am so sorry that you weren't able to get her turn, and I am impressed with how well you handled it. That's awesome though that you have a date set. When I went a week over one of the bad parts was the wondering when she was going to come. I will mark my calendar for the 24th and expect pictures of this darling baby to come soon. YEAH!!!!
I'm so sorry. They didn't give you an epidural??? Everyone I know that has had their babies turned got an epidural....I'm so sorry. I guess you saw a glimpse of labor...NOT FUN!!! Well, that is nice to know exactly when you’re going to have her. Your going to need a lot of help after this little doll is born.
Okay, I think I figured this thing out. You should see what I did on accident to Heidi's blog. I had the wrong "IDENTITY" from playing around on my blog and my thing came up as "LIFE CHANGES". What the?? Pretty funny. I'm excited to see you at Pony Monday. It's going to be a blast. Any gift ideas for Swalls?
I'm sorry that things didn't work out as planned! But I'm way glad you will know when she is coming! Kenedy was only two days late and it felt like FOREVER! I'm sure it was because we were excited and a little nervous about how the whole adoption thing would play out! I can't wait to see the little Sutterfield!
Post a Comment