And the story continues...
Eric drove as fast as he could without speeding too much and would tell me "see, your fine!" in between contractions. I didn't think I was and I wanted the pain to stop. We made it to the hospital, got put in a room and the nurse started to check things out. She came to realize that I was already dilated to a 6 and had my doc paged right away. We were now in full force to deliver this baby. About 8 nurses or so were in the room, checking vitals, putting in I.V's, watching me, etc, etc! I was a little frantic and quite nervous from all the commotion, not to mention the contractions kept coming, and coming! I was told I would be in the surgical room in 30 minutes! I didn't think I could wait that long! It all seemed like a blur and finally I was being rolled away into the surgical room. Things did not get better there.
As the contractions kept coming, my water broke and now I had the sudden urge to push! All I knew was I can't push because she is breech but I wanted the pain to stop. I was being hauled from table to table and put on my side and told to pant! I begin panting like a dog...anything to make me stop pushing....it was so hard to control and I was so nervous for the baby. I had Eric in one hand and the nurse in the other, with my tongue hanging out of my mom (literally), when they said pant, I wanted to make sure I was doing my best panting. After 2 really, really painful, pushing contractions, the anesthesiologist did his magic. I was told the doctor was one the way and that was all we were waiting for. Eric was starting to get nervous and wondering where this guy was. As the epidural started to work its magic, there was finally a relief. I didn't feel the need to push anymore and I felt nothing from the chest down...ah!
The doctor walked in moments later, told me he usually explains what he would be doing, but there was no time for that and the procedure began. Eric watched the whole thing...I didn't want to see it...and moments later, with a little complication-she was so far down in my pelvis, she was almost stuck, so they had a little difficultly getting her out-our baby girl was here. The umbilical cord was wrapped around her next a couple times (SCARY-what if I pushed too much!) but I heard a little cry, saw her little face over the blue curtain and the rest is history. Eric began frantically taking pictures and I was left on the table...still feeling good might I add...and they began to stitch me up while they talked about the ski season coming up!
She was so breech that her leg came out a little funny. She had it straight up towards her head and the other one down. Because of that her left hip is dislocated!:( Poor girl. We take her in next week and from there we will know what to do. It is not painful to her now, so that is good.
Eric, Taylor and I then spent the next 3 days in the hospital getting to know each other. I think she looks like Eric with the big blue eyes. She has been nothing but a sweetheart since she arrived. She sleeps well, eats well, and has been smiling all the time. I think we got a very good baby and we are so excited to be home now and adjusting to our new life. I feel great ( I think it is the drugs) and Eric is a big help. I am trying to relax as much as possible so I don't overdue it.
We look forward to so many more moments with Taylor and we are so blessed to have her. We are the happiest family right now and we just can't get enough of our little girl! Thank you all for the love and support you have given us in the last couple of days. We can't wait for you to all meet Taylor Rae!
P.S-Eric never got to take his test! He takes it 3 weeks from now!!! One day, that is all we needed, one day!:)


13 comments:
oh my what a doll baby...Congrats again, what an exciting night you had..good luck these next few weeks I am sure you will do great. That picture of her leg is so sad. I am glad she isn't in any pain. Take care.
Jonna - YEAH!!! We are so, so, so happy for you guys. I love that sweet picture of Eric looking down at her, he looks so happy, and the picture of you in part 1 getting the c-section - no far, you aren't supposed to look so perfect during birth! :) Taylor is simply adorable! We (and especially Lance) cannot wait to meet her.
YEAH, JONNA!!! It's all over. Wasn't the epidural the best? She is darling, as we all knew she would be. I can't wait to see her in person. I am also glad that everything turned out okay. Congratulations, again. From here on out it's more and more fun everyday.
I can't believe you had her early!!!!! I was thinking about you all day and then at lunch I mentioned that you were going to have Taylor today and Christine said you already had. I nearly fell out of my chair! I finally had a chance to the check the blog and she is sooooo cute!! I can't believe her poor little leg! I can't wait to see her in person. I'm glad everything went okay. Congratulations!!!!!! Yay!!!! Call me when you feel up to it! I can't wait to come out and see her!
Congrats to you both!!! What a cutie pie!!
Oh my goodness!!! She is so stinking cute!!!!
she is a cutie...I totally see you. I bet Eric is head over heels about her...she's going to be spoiled!
It's so crazy jack was that small a year ago. They'll be chasing after each other in no time.
next week can't come soon enough.
Jonna - I definitely see you in her. She is SO CUTE. I am anxious to hear what the doctor will do to help her leg heal. I'm sure everything will be just fine. We are praying for you and we love you, Eric, and little Taylor. Congrats!
But she is here and beautiful! I am so excited for you. This will be a wonderful time with her in your family. It is all over I bet that is a a load off you. Have fun with Taylor!
She is scrumptious. I want a copy of the picture from the tiling, the picture on the bottom right - SOOOOO cute! I got a little teary reading about your delivery, so scary! And I can't believe her little leg - Yikes! Enjoy having Eric home, what a nice treat. Can't wait to see the little sweetie.
Man! I'm so sorry, but I'm glad that she's okay. Everyone says that they second time around it's a lot easier. Can't wait to see this beautiful little girl!
Congratulations Jonna and Eric!! I was so excited to get an email letting us know the good news of your special little one!! She's so beautiful and I'm so glad she's such a good baby for you!! I hope I get to see you both on one of our visits out to Utah!!
Grandma Connie says, you did good and we are so happy for you and that we get to see pictures, don't know how we would survive if we couldn't, I think she might have the Moss ears, oh dear, but she is beautiful and we love her already, Her pictures are plastered all over our office so we can look at her all day. Love you
Post a Comment