13 January 2009

The Pony

Last Friday, I was able to get together with many Pony Express teachers from the school I taught at. You have heard me talk about Pony many times, but it really was the best school. I am glad my dad encouraged me to drive out there(and it was out there, especially when you make the first trip) until I made contact with a human being when I was looking for a job. The year I graduated was such hard year to get a job. I had only 3 interviews and school was starting in a month. I got ready to start subbing and accept the fact that I wasn't getting a job. But like I said, my dad told me "the squeaky wheel gets the job." So I drove out the Pony 3 or 4 times when I finally got people in the school. My principal, Doug, couldn't believe I drove all the way out there just to see if anyone was there. But to me...I was so desperate and they were one of the only schools offering a 1st grade position. I was picky and I wanted only 1st.


That of course got me the job and it wasn't what I excepted teaching in the Library for my first year, but I wanted a job, and school was starting in 2 weeks...so of course I didn't say no. It was a wonderful experience and I am glad I taught 4 years at such a great school with such amazing people. I have made so many friends there I still keep in touch with and miss the days of socializing after school, grading tests, pony gossip:), and so much more.

Thank you ladies, and gents for always making Pony such a great place to work. I plan on getting the ball rolling for a Reunion next spring! It would be fun to see old and new together again! Let's do it again soon.


2 comments:

Cindi said...

Wish I could've been there. I will never forget walking through your "classroom" in the library several times every day. I don't know how you survived that, but I'm glad you did. I miss you!

Ashlyn Ellsworth said...

Hey lady!! I wish I could've been there! Miss ya tons!!! Hope all is well!