24 July 2008

my buddy and me



So Taylor does not has never had an attachment to a blanket or stuffed animal. She never slept in a blanket, because she was always in her harness and we couldn't swaddle her, and even now Eric has a paranoia of letting her sleep with a blanket. I throw one in every now and then when it is a little cold. But is always ends up at the bottom and never touched. She has never shown a need for one and it has not been a comfort to her. I am liking that.

Lately she has been playing with the only stuffed animal she has and it was a gift from her Aunt Lori. Lori is a huge Denver Nuggets fan and when we went out to visit her and Kay last December, they took us to a game and Lori gave her the mascot Rocky and wanted him to be her first and most favorite stuffed animal.



We kept Rocky up in her room and slowly she would get more and more excited to see Rocky when she would get out of her crib. She starts to flail her arms and make "ooo" noises over and over. She plays with Rocky while we change her diaper. So I brought Rocky downstairs to play with the other day and get some good pics. She loves the thing. If she can't reach him, she says "ooo, ooo" over and over until we hand him to her. Again she does not show an attachment to it, but just loves to play with him. Thanks Lori for the fun toy, who would have thought!






4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cuuuuuuuuute!!! Don't you love seeing their personality shine through? :)

Jack Attack said...

i can't remember...did you ever have an attachment to a doll/stuffed animal? I was kind-of creeped out by them growing up. Always felt like they were watching us when we slept. Jack has only one (ducky, from grandma c*) and I think he is pretty much over it. now if I could only get him to drop the binkie and blanket.

The Peterson's said...

I love the 1st picture of Taylor. She is cute!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Taylor and I to become buddies also, she is so cute.