25 July 2008

advice to younger self

My sister did this post today, whom she got from another blogger, and I thought it was fun to read.


her favorite things then...
  • night games on the golf course
  • school dances
  • hangin' at someone's house
  • the boy's
  • J*Krew
  • skiing every saturday
  • swimteam
  • water polo
  • English-Mr. Sanders
  • swim/water polo trips
  • EFY
  • dinner dates
  • ultimate frisbee & basketball
  • bowling
  • mix tapes
  • photos
  • older boys who could drive
  • summers
  • eric
what i'd tell her now...
  • your parents really do know what they are talking about
  • write in your journal more(and not always about boys!)
  • that guy is way to old for you & was a waste of time and effort
  • invite your friends over your house more
  • try harder your senior year of swimming, I know being sick set you back, but it is your last year!
  • JE is not right for you, really
  • you will still be friends with those high school girls:)
  • date more in college
  • don't kiss KP, you know you don't like him
  • USU is a good choice
  • don't cut your hair so short
  • learn to sew from your mom
  • if they guy is right for you it will work! Now move on!
  • family time is important, stop worrying about what your friends are doing
  • apply yourself in school more
  • don't blab to JB about what happened in Cali. Your friend is more important.
  • think harder before doing something
  • keep up on swimming in college
  • call your parents more while away at school
  • don't be so sensitive

3 comments:

Jenni Peay said...

i love that post, and I love the sign game I always make my young women play it, but somehow it is just not the same...we should all get together and play again..

E Winzeler said...

That's a darling idea...I like it! Oh the things I wish I would have known then and had realized it's all going to be alright...maybe that's why I was smaller in highschool...all that crying had to have helped me loose weight :)!

Anonymous said...

Wait until you're 63 and have many more years to look back on. Best advice, enjoy each day and only look back for lessons learned and no regrets. Life is too short for wasting time on regrets.