I have been spoiled in so many ways living up here in P.C, not only do we have a great house to enjoy our P.C views, we are enjoying the best weather. I forgot how great the weather is up here. It is perfect in the day 82ish and a little chilly at night. I love to put on a sweater and be perfect.
Yesterday, Taylor and I had our many errands to run in SLC (that is the downfall to living up here, most of our errands are in SLC). And after all the stops and getting in and out of the car, I think I was in a full sweat all day. I haTE the heat. There is no way I could live near my sister in 100+ degree weather. I hate to sweat and carrying around a little one doesn't help. I don't know how you survive going to the park in weather like that. Taylor and I took a break at a local park and sat in the shade and I still couldn't stop sweating (I think I get this from my dad's side, Uncle B* and Aunt K*). Don't worry I am not dripping sweat, just so sweaty my clothes stick to me and I am uncomfortable.
with the gas prices out of control, we have been trying to maximize our gas mileage in our hybrid. Eric read about people with hybrids who try to get the best gas mileage out of their cars. They are called "Hyber Milers," and they do all the tricks to get the best. We have done a few and have actually raised our gas mileage. Beware, if you do all the tricks they suggest, you become the annoying driver on the road. Some things we have done:
*cruise control
*avoid hills
*avoid stop and go
*slow down when the light turns red(way before you get there...annoying:)
*driving slower or speed limit

10 comments:
I want a hybrid. These gas prices are crazy. I hate the heat too. I just want to stay in my air conditioned house all day--but the kids want to go out and play, so we do.
Hey us Arizonians don't want to hear you complaining!! I would take upper nineties or 100 degrees anyday!! Enjoy it. I know I will enjoy Utah when I come next week!
the desert has thinned my blood and I love the heat. you're just a whimp! beats your 6-7 months of winter.
hear ya on the gas prices but you are still lower than us...I just pd $60 to gas up my Jeep and that was with a $.15/gallon discount. It's crazy. Aaron is going to start biking to work as soon as he has built his bike. I heard that some people have resorted to push starting their cars to save on gas. next thing you know they'll be driving Flinstone cars.
I hear you, i hate the heat as well, everytime we are in PC I think I have to live here,it is so nice and cool...next time you need a break form the heat in SLC stop on by.
I didn't know your SUV was a hybrid.Lucky!
I could lay in the sun all day next to a pool in 100+ heat...without kids of course! Jay hates the heat, but I would just soak up the sun all day if I had time. That rocks your car gets such good gas mileage!
I totally agree. I hate the heat! Anything above 85 degrees sucks, so I am extremely jealous of your average 82ish degree weather in PC. Man, you are so lucky!
When are gas prices ever going to go down??? I'm glad PC has cooler temps for you. I also hate the heat. I'm glad WY is on average 10 lower than UT...it makes a difference. Do you guys know what you are going to do next year when Eric's parents come back yet?
I want both... hot during the day AND cool at night! We get hot days and warm nights, plus humidity. Yuck.
I love your gas-saving tips! Funny thing, Scott just called me (while I was reading this), after filling his gas tank, bragging about his 32 mpg for our old accord. He's been doing similar things... coasting, using neutral, minimizing road-rage (haha). I drive a gas-guzzling, environmentally un-friendly Explorer, but I've arranged our schedule where I only have to fill-up once a month. But even then I get cut-off at the tank for spending to much!
Enjoy your PC summer... and I agree with Brit, I'd much rather have the super hot summers than the 6-7 months of winter. Wait, we have that, too... ;)
Man, I miss the summers in Utah, its' like the Winter in AZ, you stay inside most the day. I bet PC is BEAUTIFUL!! Enjoy it for me while I'm in 110!!!
Post a Comment