28 January 2008

snowed in!

Today we were supposed to leave for Las Vegas to visit my sister and her family...when we woke up to a white out, literally. We checked the roads down south and it looked okay once we got out of P.C. So we braved the weather and the roads and headed out. We didn't get but 5 minutes from the house when we found ourselves in a white out. We had zero visibility and we couldn't tell where the road was. We tried to proceed up the hill getting stuck in the snow bank and only moving a couple inches at a time. There was no place to turn around, so we thought forward was the only way to go. But soon came to realize that it was impossible. We started to creep backwards back down the hill...there was another lady trying to do the same thing...and we kept backing up into the snow banks. Luckily we didn't get stuck to bad and we were able to wiggle our way out. Then after carefully backing down the hill we found our selves a place to turn around and head back home.

We are home again, Eric is snow blowing again and we decided it was best to wait until tomorrow to head out! I can't believe the winter we are having. I haven't seen a winter like this for years! We even think Taylor is having a little cabin fever...the girl is emotional! She has been sleeping so much lately. Growth spurt maybe or that she just needs her beauty rest!:)

So we are heading south to get out of the storm(s)...there is supposed to be 4 more to come! What is this?

4 comments:

ivyk said...

JONNA! Sorry we have never had the chance to chat. I somehow have become a cold weather wimp and haven't come back much this year (ok it's only January). Anyways, Hilary is pretty much my best friend on earth. I love her husband of 3 months, Rod. Very cool that you guys spent some Colorado years together. She and i talk a lot so I'll have to mention that! How is your adorable little family? What a priviledge to see the baby blessing.

Lacey said...

I completely understand. I haven't left the house for two days and I'm starting go a little crazy. See Ya Saturday!

The Peterson's said...

The snow is good for the snow pack. But it has to be a pain living up there in P.C. Can't wait to see you on Sat! What should I bring?

Carrie and Jeff said...

Hey Jonna--this is Carrie Bean. I hope you don't mind--I got your blog from Lindsey's blog. I just started this and I love it. It's so fun to see what everyone is up to. I'll see you tomorrow--if we end up getting together. Check out my blog--jcbeanfamily.blogspot.com