16 January 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!

us dating in high school

Today is our 6 year anniversary. Can you believe it? We have know each other for 10 years now. Here is our story:

Eric and I met in high school (yes we are one of those couples:). We had a mutual group of friends and we started to hang out with each other more. We dated our whole senior year and right up to his mission. We then did the whole, whatever happens, happens, thing while he was on his mission. I traveled to China and Russia while he was away, and went to USU and BYU. I think I was trying to keep myself busy. Eric came home in 2000 and of course we started dating again. But no, we weren't even talking marriage. I was just trying to get him to date just me so we could see if it was going to work out. After about 7 months of dating, we got engaged(for 3 months) and were married in January of 2002.

I have loved being married to Eric. We are such easy going people that it is easy to make us happy. We enjoy being home and just hanging out with each other. The last 6 years have been wonderful with him. I enjoy all the good times and the bad. Yes, there are those times when we had to endure a lot, but it has only made our relationship stronger and we have been more blessed because of it. Here are just some of my favorite things about our life together.

*we can be easily entertained by a movie at home*
*eric always makes me laugh with his singing and jokes*
*we have a history together*
*we always have good conversations*
*we brought a beautiful girl into the world*
*we are always on the same page when making decisions*
*when we argue (eric says we never do, but it is seldom), we patch things up quickly*
*we enjoy the same kind of foods*
*we have traveled to so many fun places (mexico(2), hawaii, disneyland(2), denver, las vegas, yellowstone)
*we are best friends...we love to hang out with each other*
*we married into great families*
*we compliment each other well*


here's to us!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

jonna jonna jonna....."Eric and I's...?"! I is never a possessive....Seriously--- you'd better hope G'ma BK doesn't read this entry....:-O

Anonymous said...

i forgot to say Happy Anniversary when i left tonight! It was my pleasure to watch the little princess-- any time

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

Happy Anniversary! Anyways on the baby thing, I swear if you baby just has a cough, I'd take her in. Finn wasn't even acting sick until yesterday, he just had a cough. I'm just glad we caught it when we did!

Cianne said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so wonderful. I miss you. Hopefully I can get to UT sometime so we can get together. I need to see Taylor before she is as big as Izzy.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad that the two of you are so happy. And yes, I remember that wonderful UBI meeting where we had fun looking at each our wedding pictures. Ah, the wonderful Pony Express memories. Can't wait for the party where are reminiscing can commence on a much larger scale! Go Pony!!! :P

The Hunzikers said...

Happy Anniversary!!! 6 years seems like such a long time. Are you doing anything special? Maybe the melting pot? We have indoor recess again so I was happy you had something fun to read on your blog!

Jack Attack said...

happy anniversary to "eric + I's" = you. comin up on the 7 year itch...can you handle it?

Montgomery Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!

The Birds said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are darling and the three you make such a cute little family! Congrats!

Bryan & Sarah said...

Congrats!!!