26 January 2008

4 months & 6 days...

Taylor Rae went in for her 4 month check up today, and all is good! She of course was a little fussy. How can she not be when you are waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Luckily, she has started to take a bottle better and we were able to feed her while we waited. So much easier! Taylor had the usual shots and after the first one she seemed fine, cried a little and then stopped. But then came the 2nd one and she flipped. It totally caught her by surprise and she let us know how mad she was! So sad! She let it all out and then Eric cuddled her to make her feel better. She calmed down shortly after. We ran the grocery store afterwards and she just stared at us, and wouldn't give us a smile. We think she was a little mad! She did well for half the day and then the pain set in and she was so upset. The poor girl was crying so hard! We gave her a little Tylenol and things seem to be okay. There is definitely little or no leg movement. Now she is off to bed to sleep off the pain. We hope she feels better in the morning. :(

here is a picture of her boo-boos!



her stats:

Height: 25 inches (85%)
Weight: 13 lbs. 14 oz (40%)


...little tidbits about taylor...

*likes to sit up with help...gives a whole new perspective*
*she is very smiley*
*she enjoys playing with toys...especially ones with faces*
*she still sleeps great...3 naps a day, 10-11 hours at night*
*she can roll over on her side by herself*
*she likes tummy time and has good head control*
*she gave me a little laugh...so I think*
*she loves to look at herself and talk in the mirror*
*she babbles*
*she likes to be read to*
*we can take her anywhere...such a trooper*
*she will eat from the bottle with little or no fight now*
*she "plays" with the binkies...chomping and what not*
*she is starting to screech*
*she is such a good baby*


We love our Taylor Rae!

who needs a professional, when I can get shots like this? :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad all is well with Taylor-- and you're right--- the hat looks like old lady blue hair!miss you all

Jack Attack said...

too cute! can wait to see her tomorrow!

The Birds said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I love the flower on her head! I can't belive she is already four months old! She is growing fast!

The Hunzikers said...

She looks so grown up in jeans! What a doll. Hey I tried to send you an email about next saturday and my computer freaked out when I hit send. Anyway, I was asking what you still needed for the party. I can make or bring whatever so tell me what no one has volunteered for and I will bring it!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That picture is darling! Lance was same height at 4 months, however I think that boys and girls percentiles are different, cause he was only 50% for height! Lance did fine with his shots at 2 months but was quite a bit fussier after 4 month shots for some reason... maybe because they realize a little more what is going on? I hope Taylor is feeling better!

Lindsey said...

Happy 4 months, Taylor. Love the picture of the hat. Shots are the worst and I think they may be harder on the mommy than the baby. Isn't it so hard to watch them hurt your baby? :P

Lacey said...

I have shot day. Maddy just got her shots last week and its rough. I can't believe you had to wait. That makes it so much worse. She's got stats like Maddy 80-90 in height and 40 in weight. I have seen here forever!