My good friend Beth OFFERED to come and help watch Taylor while I got my hair done. At the time I didn't think I would need her but thought it was a nice gesture and she could feed her a bottle if I was preoccupied. Very nice! So when the hair process began, I was feeling a little adventurous and wanted to do something bold and drastic. Eric has always wanted me to try going blonde all over, so I thought, why not. Well, everyone's hair lifts different and I was one of those. First it turned out yellow, then we did it again, and it was too bright...neon kind of. I was starting to panic and wish I had never done it.
In the meantime...I am trying to feed Taylor and Beth is trying to put her to sleep...she was successful! Way to go, Beth!
So, we decided we need to tone it down. We put some darker blonde back in it...that wasn't enough. So, we do some more and darker blonde this time....finally it is not so neon. 2 bleach process, 2 color treaments, and 4 washes later, it turned out halfway decent. I am still not used to it, either is Eric, and don't think I will ever do it again. But now I know.
All-in-all the whole process took 5 1/2 hours, and without Beth there, I would have had to gone home after the second bleach process with neon hair! Taylor was a gem and slept almost the whole time with a couple of feedings and Beth keeping her happy.
So thanks Beth for coming along and I owe you big time! Thanks for the moral support on the hair, too! I needed it!
you really can't tell how light it is in the pictures, it is too dark for pictures...sorry.
p.s.: any of you who know beth know shelikes to give you a nickname...well she
never gave herself one, so "Bethy "
is the one I came up with...kind of an side joke!

15 comments:
pre-pregnancy and post pregnancy hair are totally different. My hair got dark and stayed dark when I was pregnant. i think your hair looks great! we are twinners again! It took me a few days to get used to my blond hair, but now I love it.
tonight, I wish you lived closer. went to a pre-holiday extravaganza with cute scarp supplies/card, baby hair bows, cool/modest clothing and such, all for a good price. You would have loved it! Why don't you fly down a few days earlier than Eric and we can do some girl things. Think about it!
The blonde is really blonde...i will have to take a day picture...i am glad we fixed it because it was horrible.
I will see about flying down...$$$! But even if not, we can go do some of that still when we are down there...eric will be fine.
P.S-brit look closely at the first picture underneath my hair..you can kind of see the brightness there. We didn't have time to put color in all over my hair...will go back later.
Sounds like you had an Adventure. Beth was telling me she took the afternoon off to see ya! She is so nice. It doesn't sound like you would have had time to come up and see us at the school anyway. Jess and I were the only ones there anyway. Your hair look fine in the pictures.
I love the hair! I just did mine too! I am so jellous that you got to see Beth. I miss her tons! I miss all of you!
I really think that your hubby and mine are long lost brothers. Roy always wants me to be super blond. And remember they have that whole financial, save money thing in common too. So annoying, huh?!?
Anyway, I think your hair looks great. I'm secretly glad you didn't come by school because I wasn't there and I would have been sad to have missed you and Taylor.
Your hair looks great! Trying something new with your hair is always scary.
I would love to get together again. Next week I have things going on Tuesday and Thursday, but I am free Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. Check your schedule and we'll talk to Heidi.
I totally agree with you; Bethy is the greatest! Hey Wednesday will not work, I have Enrichment that night and since I am over it, I spend all day long setting up and getting things ready! AAAAAAH! This calling isn't that bad, but when it's busy, it is busy! The rest of the week is kind of a wash. Monday and Tuesday I have to get ready for Wednesday and Thursday and Friday I have plans! So how about the next week? Any of those days work for you? By the way, I think your hair looks great! It is good to have a change!
Jon: Platinum blonde is the only way to go. Just embrace it. You look great. There's nothing like a good dose of bleach-blonde hair after a c-section (it sure helped me feel better). I just got mine done again last week. Ahhhhhhh. :)
Forgot to tell you, thanks for the Aggie reference. It totally made me feel so special!!! Most people just knock me for my Aggie loyalty!
.unless bethy is a court "jester"-- what she did for you was a nice "gesture"... :-)
PS i tho't your hair looked great in person
funny, mom...remember 1st grade...1st grade!
From the pictures, your hair color looks great! Changes like that can be so hard to get used to, but give it a few days and who knows, you might start to like it! If not, at least you tried, right?
i too noticed the "jester" spelling, but I am an English major who can't spell mtn. so I have no place in telling you how to spell. :)
It's amazing what those Hormones will do to your hair! I never did anything too crazy when I was pregnant or nursing....LOOKS GREAT!
Post a Comment