I know 2 post in 1 day! I am leaving town until next week so I thought I would post extra reading material for you to read. Plus, Taylor is fast asleep, I have already packed, Taylor, Eric, and I, and the car is packed and ready to go, so I've got time. By the way, I did not realize how much "stuff" you need when you have a kid!
I have been tagged by this one by a couple people so I thought it should be my turn.
The rules: List 7 facts about yourself, then tag others to do the same. Just like my sister said, if you read this, consider yourself tagged.
1. I am addicted to lotion! Every time I shower I have to lather my whole body in lotion afterwards. And I have a special lotion just for my face and feet, Eucerin. I know feet and face lotion doesn't sound right. But I can not stand dry feet and regular lotion just doesn't cut it. I have never liked the face lotions because they have too many perfumes in them. I think my love for lotion comes from all those years I spent in the pool. I was a swimmer from age 8-18. I swam on the competitive teams in the summer and high school team. I think the chlorine definitely dried out my skin. Every time I was my hands, I have to put on lotion, so yes I bring lotion wherever I go.
2. I hate clutter, but can't seem to stay away from it. I get this from my dad. He can't stand piles of things all over the house. When we were younger, if you left something out where it shouldn't be, he would hide it and then you had no clue where it was. It was so mean at the time, but now that I think about it, it is kind of funny!:) He also makes fun of my mom and her many piles around the house. I dream, no fantasize, about organization stuff. I would love to have a neat place for everything...some day I guess. I constantly try to pick up the piles all over the house(it would help if Eric didn't leave things everywhere), but I just end up moving it to another pile somewhere else, out of sight. I am a definite out of sight, out of mind person when it comes to clutter.
33. I love/hate sandwiches.
HATE: For the longest time I never liked sandwiches and I would only eat PB&J sandwiches(I ate these almost every day for lunch, all the way up to high school). But, if I pulled the sandwich out of the bag and it was smashed to where you could see the jelly coming through, i would either eat around it or not at all. If only they had those sandwich boxes they have now. But, I would not eat any kind of meat sandwiches. I just don't like them. I am very picky about the bread and I do not like a smashed sandwich. I like mine to look the they do in the pictures and on the commercials. I find I am like that with a lot of my food...I am a very picky eater. A couple of years ago, we went to Arkansas to visit Eric's parents when they were living out there for awhile, and I swear we ate sandwiches every day and I remember telling eric that I couldn't eat one more sandwich!
LOVE:Eric and my dad have introduced me to some amazing sandwich places. They are little mom and pop places here in SLC. The bread is just how I like it, hard enough that your sandwich won't leak through with stuff, but still soft, and chewy. And the meat is cut up into nice small pieces. PERFECT...the meat is my biggest issue. And if it is nice and small then I love it. They are not overloaded, but are very tasty. One place is called East Coast Subs(no website..sorry) and the other Super Grinders. I also enjoy Jimmy John's and Capriotti's(down in Vegas...I might just have to get one while I am there), but I only like one sandwich from each place. I don't branch out much.
4. I confess that I can't stop watching some of the ridiculous stuff on t.v. My biggest obsession is the MTV show, The Hills. I don't know why, but it is so captivating and I can't stop watching it. I know there are a lot of you out there like me! What is wrong with us. I don't think I will mention some of the other ones...it is too embarrassing to admit. But I don't watch them faithfully, only when I can't find anything else on.
5. I secretly want a big family! Eric and I have always thought 2-4 would be good, and still kind of feel that way, but after having taylor, I want a big family maybe 5 or 6. I could see me doing it...I can manage a classroom of 25 first graders...so i have had a little experience. I just think it would be fun to have a big family and have more kids to come around when we are older, with all of their families. I more want the big family for later in life when they are all grown up...it is fun when you get together for family functions. I hope eric doesn't freak out when he reads this!
6. I enjoy a good cry...and I always cry. Yes I am a little sensitive and more so now that i have been prego and now a mom. I can always get a little teary eyed at a good commercial, lifetime movie, or a amazing story on Oprah. I don't like to cry when something is wrong, but a happy cry always feels good. It is funny, I have this high pain tolerance, but yet I am very sensitive and can break down and cry really easy! Hum! My doctor told me I wasn't in labor because I wasn't crying and 45 minutes later I was at a 10. Interesting...
7. I hate public speaking! Put me in front of a bunch of 1st graders and I can talk all you want, but ask me to speak in church, etc....I am no good. I can barely talk for 10 minutes and I never look up. I probably say um half the time and I am speeding through it. I hate it! I have never been one to talk much in big groups of adults...my cousin Jenni has given me crap my whole life for "not talking"...and has admitted it is a fault i have. Since when is not talking a fault! Anway, I never talked much around the WHOLE family because you could never get a word in edge wise. And if you weren't loud and witty, it was difficult. So I just sat on the sidelines and always listened...i liked it much better. I am a little shy, but once I warm up and people get to know me I can be a talker...when I feel like it. I think that is not a big deal at all.
So there you have it, a little about me I hope you didn't know. Sorry it was so long!
29 November 2007
Tagged
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I loved reading about you. I am so with your on the crying thing. Ever since I had Grace everything that is remotely touching make me cry. Have fun in Vegas (right?)! Looking forward to some dang cute and fun pictures when you get back.
Thanks for the confessions. By the way...The Hills...love it! Michael and I are also obsessed with it! Can you believe Spencer's stupid little sister?! She's such a joke!
That was cute. Have you ever tried sensuous sandwiches in Orem? SOOOOO good:) It's funny how many teachers I know who hate to public speak--yet we talk all day:) Hope you have a great time on your trip.
I completely agree with you on the crying thing. I good cry can get me through a couple of months and I feel so much better when it's over!!
It is always fun to learn more about you. I worked with you and still learn more every day!! Cool!
I have no leave because I am not tenured. Karen and I both thought we were. This is my 4 year teaching and like Karen's 10th. But the district said we have not been in the district more then 3 years. They told us we could take more time but with out pay. I can't afford to go with out pay. So I am trying to save as much a possible so I can get paid.
Post a Comment