So, we have moved to Eric's parents house, and we are trying to get as settled as we can. Eric has been busy working all week and taking care of his dad's "to do list" he left him. I am trying to get us settled by moving our clothes in and what not. I watched our nephews at the beginning of the week and have been running around since. Trying to do laundry (there is a ton, seeing how the whole family was here last week), cleaning out the fridge, going grocery shopping and basically keeping it clean, plus, I started my job this week! Luckily, Connie had the cleaning ladies come one last time for my sake. Thank Goodness! Even though we feel very busy, we are LOVING it here! It is so relaxing and quiet. I think we are really going to like it here.
Along with the house we adopted the newest member of our family, Brandi, the family dog. She is 16 years old, has arthritis, is blind, and deaf, and can't control her bladder. So pretty much we have to watch her very closely. She moves very slow, paces the hallways ( i think she is looking for Connie and Phil-she misses you guys:( and will just stand there for small periods of time. She sleeps most of the time and it is sometimes a challenge to get her to go the bathroom outside. We have already had an accident downstairs, and twice on the porch. Plus, she threw up today in the house (made it all on the tile...thank you, thank you!) As I tried to clean it up, I had a hard time controlling my nausea. I was dry heaving the whole way through the mess. Luckily, I didn't hurl, and it got all cleaned up. Poor Brandi! She sleeps with us and will pace in circles for minutes at a time, in the middle of the night (we had to take her bell off so she wouldn't wake us...even though she still does!). Brandi is definitely old, but very loved by this family. We are doing our best to take care of her and hope she isn't too sad Phil and Connie are gone.

4 comments:
nasty! I would have thrown up. In fact, I almost did today...Jack is sick and has some nasty diapers. Remember when we used to leave Roxey's mess for mom to clean up when she got home? :) I have a whole day planned for shopping when I come so wear your comfortable shoes.
what!... thanks alot girls!
I guess we know who to get to dogsit when we go out of town!!!
Jonna. I have no idea how to sign into my blog thing but once I am done with my test on Friday I will start learning how it is done. I saw that you added me as a friend on your site. Thanks. I need to learn how to do things like that.. I may have to call you next week for some lessons. You look darling prego... Talk to you soon,
Spence.
Post a Comment