For the last week, we have been spending a lot of time with the Sutterfield clan. We had everyone one in town for Scott and Michele's wedding and to see Elder and Sister Sutterfield off on their new adventure. It was a fun filled week and well needed. The family enjoyed getting together for the beginning of two great adventures; the wedding and the Sutterfields mission. Wednesday and Thursday we got together and had dinner, went to a movie, had a day at the spa(the girls) and visited Scott, Michele, Tyler, and Cory's new home. Very nice!
Drew and Camryn-Torie cutting Connie's hair-Our Pedicures!
Friday was packed with the wedding and it turned out wonderful. It was at the Sutterfields home (our new home!) and it was outside. The weather cooperated with us and it was perfect. A little wind but not enough to ruin it. Michele looked gorgeous in her dress and the whole gang looked great together. Family and friends gathered to congratulate the couple and mingle with friends, family and great food. After hanging around and talking, Scott and Michele took off on their honeymoon. They are on a cruise right now, and I am sure they are having a wonderful time.
Saturday we hung around, the girls did some shopping, and later we all went up to the resort to try out the new Alpine Slide Coaster. Being the pregnant one, I opted out and watched the baby (Brad and Tanya's little girl), while the rest went for a ride. I guess it is my turn to start sitting out. Next it will be because I have a baby and I won't be able to go on the rides. A price I am willing to pay!:) We later came back to the house for brisket (Connie makes a great one!), and sat around and talked some more and played some games.
Early this morning, Sunday, Connie and Phil were set apart at the church and are now known as Elder and Sister Sutterfield. We came back to the house for "skinny pancakes" and finalized things to send the happy couple off. When the time came, hugs and goodbyes, and many tears were given as Connie and Phil took off. It was a emotional time, especially for Connie to leave what she loves most, her family! Now Eric and I are left to watch after the house, and we are entrusted Michele to take on the role of Connie while they are away. We are going to miss mom and dad, grandpa and grandma. You two have made this family what it is and are the greatest examples to all of us. We look forward to hearing all about your adventures and experiences. We know you are going to make a great team and you will be home in no time! Good luck and we love you both!


4 comments:
WOW! Wasn't expecting any new posts yet. You are Johnny-on-the-spot!! Talked to the missionaries from the airport this afternoon. Sister Sutterfield was on top of her game(not a tear), as was Lori who made it to the top 116 at the tourney! Rah-rah-roker, show 'em how to poker! Rah-rah-rom, Lori your the bomb! Jonna, your blog is so much fun, you do a great job! Want to get your great pics from the week too.
looks like a nice day. so weird-on my laptop i have one template for your blog (my old one) and on my computer upstairs, I have another (gray background)--which is it? Maybe i need to refresh my computer. you are worse than me. my husband hates that i am constantly re-arranging and moving things a million times--the perfectionist in me i guess.
and also...there was a posting about you and Jenni--our computers were acting up yesterday. Aaron was trying to take a test online and it kept freezing on him.
I Love your blog, hope I can figure it out and start ouwn own. Enjoy my home, it really is a palace compared to were we are right now. Hope I can be humbled and not complain too much.
Post a Comment