11 June 2009

inspiration board

finally i have reached a decision
on baby boy's bedding.

you think it would be an easy one
since i am around fabric all the time.
but let me tell ya, fabric for a boy
is not as fun as it is for a girl.

i didn't feel like i could just
go out and buy a set i liked.
i felt like i should make it,
since that is what i do.

but i was so close to giving up,
and buying something from the stores.
i just couldn't find anything i liked.

yesterday i hit the fabric stores with
my mother in law and sister in law,
(who is also having a boy in sept)
and torie found this great fabric.

here are my ideas:




1-fabric choice
red/blue=bumper and crib skirt
solid blue=bumper and sheet
solid red=bumper ties, and sheet

2-swaddle blanket
light blue minky with red/blue fabric border

3-crib
not the exact crib, but similar

4-bumper with red piping and red ties

let's just hope i don't change my mind
by the end of the week.
now i need to find the time to make it!

...3.5 weeks to go...

7 comments:

Jocie said...

I totally agree! Finding cute boy stuff is hard. They have twice as much for girls. I searched forever to find bedding with red in it and the one I did find was SOO expensive. I ended up giving up and getting the blue, green and brown. ugh. I think yours will be super adorable!

Jack Attack said...

totally disagree-boys is so much more fun. I am having an easier time with Jack's room than I did with baby girl's room. all the girl stuff is PINK-blah!

The Birds said...

I agree boys are hard! Everytime I go into the store to buy for Lincoln, I come out with a sack for Kenedy! I love pink! It is getting to be more fun the older he gets, because you can dress him like a little man. However, I had the hardest time with infant baby boy clothes. I love the fabric! I am sure it will turn out great! 3.5 weeks? I can't believe it is already time!

The Birds said...

Have you picked out a name yet?

The Peterson's said...

I really like what you have pick out! It is really cute! He will be adorable with all of it!

Jenni Peay said...

I am so proud of you for finally deciding, it was so fun to see you, yes lets plan for next week!

KJ said...

I love love love love it and envy that you get to have it! I really really envy. And I agree with Brit that decorating for boys is more fun than girls. Did I mention that I envy your bedding plans? ENVY!