03 May 2007

A Look into My Teaching World!


My Jungle Themed Classroom


Our Habits

The Reading Corner

Math Wall


Job Board and Student of the Week


Since my time teaching is almost coming to an end, I decided to post some pictures of what I've done everyday for the last four years. I can't believe it has been that long! I remember my first year of teaching. I was hired 4 days before school started and my classroom was in the library! Of course I was scared and knew everyone would be able to hear me teach, but with a little help from my mom and Eric (setting up my classroom), I was just thankful to have a job. Now looking back on it, I would not have changed it for the world. I love my school, Pony Express. I have may some of my best friends there. I have loved how collaborative, and social the school is and how much fun we make learning. I am very sad to leave and not be able to talk to my "team" on a daily basis. They have made my teaching experience worth the sweat and tears of some days.




I am even going to miss the kids. Even the one(s) who made me cry, run after them, or vandalise my room.:) I went into teaching because I loved seeing children succeed, and that is truly why I still teach. First Grade offers so much potential for kids and each kid I have taught has really added a piece to my experience. I have enjoyed my 4 years and have learned a lot about children and their development. I have always said that teaching is going to make me a better mom. To everyone at Pony Express: Thank You! Thank You!-I am going to miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos of the momentous occasion. By the by-I chatted with Jordan Elberts mom and bro today...
From The Mother In Law

Anonymous said...

I'm telling Gma Betty to look this up -- as a teacher she could appreciate all that mom