19 June 2008

my workspace





Living in my in-laws house has spoiled me in many ways. One way, I get to use Connie's sewing/scrapbook/computer room. It has been so nice to have a space in the house where I can go and do whatever. I don't have to share it with Eric, and I can have everything out and I don't have to put it away. I have literally taken over the room. It was a huge mess for awhile, but I finally cleaned it up and organized it with all my stuff. It is like a little maze walking around the sewing machine, ironing board and cutting table, but it is "my" space (for now) and I love it.


fabric station...where all the fantastic fabric is stored!



works in progress: things that need to be sewn



finished products: ready to be sold



little things(velcro, elastic, thread, etc), onesies, etc



scraps, scraps, scraps



cutting station...such a necessity



sewing station

Now I only have to figure out how to get
a room like this when we move! It will be such a hard transition
if we don't have an extra room. I will have to figure out a
traveling organization station or something! Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

I need a scrapbooking space in my house. Jeff hates when I leave my stuff out, but it's so hard to get it out and just have to put it all back. It takes too much work. That is so wonderful that you have the space to use for your sewing and things. Just make sure you get a house that has an extra room that you can call your own. I'll have to remember that too!

Cindi said...

You are the organizing queen! I'm sure you'll figure something out in a new place. I need a room like that, too. My messes are less focused. I go through phases- scrapbook, quilts, musical costumes. Today, it is playdough.

Anonymous said...

WOW, you have it much more organized than I did, but I love the room, only wish it were twice the size, Sure do miss it and you guys

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That is a sweet craft nook! I love how organized you are. I would love somewhere where I could just leave my things out - Spence always gets so mad (understandibly - sp?) when I leave my stuff out, but I don't want to clean it up to take it out again the next day!

Jenni Peay said...

That looks so great I want that room!!

Wards said...

Jonna-
I just wanted to say that I love my stuff that Kim bought me! The burp cloths and bib! You are so very talented and I love your taste in fabrics!!!

Jack Attack said...

dad would be so proud.

Lacey said...

You've got yourself quite the set up. My sister's husband just made her this amazing desk-sewing table. It huge, but it stores everything. Ribbon,material,etc. it even has a section for cutting. Maybe I can convince him to make me one!