For Father's Day, I made Eric one of his favorite breakfasts', Biscuits and Gravy, and we just relaxed around the house. Eric has been a little under the weather(thanks to our trip to see the P*:) So he pretty much laid around all day and watched the US Open...perfect for Father's Day.
Later we went over to my parents for a good ol' BBQ and opened gifts. Eric of course said he didn't want anything, because he never needs anything and it is so hard to figure out what to get him. So I thought I couldn't let that happen, after he got me the camera for my mother's day/birthday...so I surprised him with this
Jack Johnson concert tickets in August!
doesn't he looked thrilled...poor guy is a little sick!
Dad got a new umbrella for the deck, fly fishing excursion, and his favorite things (sugar free candy, Walgreens gift card, Tarahumara gift certs, etc). That is all he really needs.
dad opening his favorite things, from us
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate my father and husband.
Thanks dad for being you! The one thing I have always gained from you is your example. You have taught us mostly by the way you lead your life. Thanks for putting your family first and for investing every moment of you time to us and our swim meets, water polo games, golf matches, band, piano (sorry I missed my last recital:(), and so much more. I have always loved the support I get from you even as an adult. You are a great dad and grandpa and our kids love you and have so much to learn from you!
Eric, even though I may not say it enough out loud, you know how much you mean to me. You have always made me laugh and that is what I love! You are a great dad to our little girl and I know she adores you! I couldn't have picked a better guy for me. We know what each other needs and wants. I have enjoyed watching you as a father. You are a big help to Taylor(even though she is so easy). I know if we had to get up in the middle of the night to tend to her, you would. Thanks for being a great husband to me and now a wonderful father to Taylor Rae.








6 comments:
That is really weird we both made Biscuits and Gravy yesterday.
i want tickets! email me info!
happy father's day, eric. sorry we got you sick.
I just made J sit down for a second and read yours and Spence's blogs and he loved it! He had no idea how much was going on in your lives...so I think I've converted him to the blogging world! Poor J...for father's day all he got was a 99 cent card! He was in another bike accident racing a couple weeks ago and crashed so he replaced all the must have equipment. So when your blog said what you surprised Eric with I just hurry and scrolled through it!
Such cute pictures..
That is sweet. That concert will be so fun.
Sounds like a great father's day! I love those pic's of your dad and tay and eric and tay! you are doing great with the camera too, isn't it the best!!!
Post a Comment