22 July 2009
spoke to soon
in my last couple of posts i have talked about how good things are going with taylor(see here). well that is not the case lately. my sweet, funny little girl is going through an emotional phase. could be the jealousy issue and seeking for my attention...just my one on one attention. if i have ryan around, that doesn't work. she is distracted by "bama" and dad for a little bit, but always comes running back to me WHINING and very sensitive to everything.
throughout the day we have our ups and our downs. both kids are always crying at the same time, needing to eat at the same time, and needing my attention at the same time. making those down moments a little overwhelming. AND...i have the help of my mother in law throughout the day. i don't know what it is going to be like when we move(3 days from now).
the only thing that works...getting out of the house. we go to the store, park, shopping. anything to keep taylor happy and ryan sleeping. i definitely let ryan cry more than i ever let taylor cry. i ignore taylor's CONSTANT whining, and i look forward to 2:00. Nap time for taylor, only one child to look after.
i didn't expect these moments to wear on me like they have. but the good moments have made up for them. i love being their mom and just have to get through this "new" stage. eric is really helping with taylor...only problem, she always wants me. the detaching phase, didn't happen like i thought it was.
my girl needs some one on one time with her mom. i plan on taking her to the park one evening, just the 2 of us, so she can feel special again. both kids are my joy and spending time with them at home is exactly what i want. things will get better and in the mean time, we will deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
It will get better, it seems whenever you are feeling good about the situation it all changes, and your pictures of baby ryan are so great he is so so so cute, Tia can have a younger man right?
It will get better! I promise! Remember when I said the first three months were a blur for me? To make you feel better, I let Lincoln cry way more than Kenedy ever did. You don't have a choice. Some wise person told me that Kenedy will remember being ignored, but Lincoln wouldn't. So I guess that is my advice. Remember what a huge adjustment this is for Tay and give her as much attention as possible. I have to say that Kenedy got way more cuddly since Lincoln came along. I can't complain about that! Good luck! You are a terrific mom! Let's get together when you are ready!!
WOW! I wish I had words of wisdom. When this baby comes in December I will be asking you for advice.
I am dying to see you and Lincoln. Heidi are trying to set up a day to come for a visit. As soon as we figure something out, we'll give you a call. Good luck with the move!
is she eating the play-doh?
the sand table and pool have been a huge distraction for Jack. but Jack is also a year older than Tay. send her my way-I'll shape her up!
oh yea i have tons advice..kidding.
But by the way taylor is so funny. I loved her dancing last sunday.
brit-yes the play-doh is in her mouth. it was taken away shortly after that because she wouldn't stop doing it.
p.s-plan on getting a water or sand table as soon as we move, maybe a pool too. anything to help.
Sorry? No tips here, coming from a non mother? Anyway I know it will get better just keep doing what you're doing and it will all fade out. I miss you and just know that your a wonderful mom! If it makes you feel any better, my friend is having twins in two weeks?
Post a Comment