WARNING...this is a really long post...feel free to come back to read the rest!
Today Taylor and I took a day to ourselves and revisited my past.
First we went out to Pony, my old school, to visit my friends and fellow teachers. It was fun, once again, to see everyone and try to get caught up. It brings back memories and it does make me miss it, but not enough to come back. It was good to see the Ol' Pony. I always enjoy going down. Taylor did so well. She played in her stroller, ate, and even fell asleep towards the end, so mommy could socialize with her friends.
After that, I decided to take Taylor to the park. The weather was so nice and I had to take advantage of it because there is still so much snow at home. And with all the new housing developments around my old school, there are ton of parks. So we had our pick.
First we drove by the house that we almost bought and it just made me realize even more, that it was a good decision not to buy it. I am so glad we backed out of it, because when we have to buy later this year the prices are going to be so much better.
Back to the park! Once again, Taylor loved it! She loves the fresh air and especially the swings. There were no swings that I could put her in by herself. So we sat and swung together. She had such a good time. Of course Taylor is not quite ready to "play" at the parks, but I showed her how much fun it can be.
Back to the park! Once again, Taylor loved it! She loves the fresh air and especially the swings. There were no swings that I could put her in by herself. So we sat and swung together. She had such a good time. Of course Taylor is not quite ready to "play" at the parks, but I showed her how much fun it can be.
first we swung on the swings

then we sat on the bench

next, we took a break for lunch

then we played on the dinosaur and took some pictures


then we laid on the slide

then we went down the slide and played on the end


notice how she will never look up...she is taking everything in!
then we enjoyed the fresh air and played some more

...and last it was time to head home. She was not very happy when I put her back in the car. It was so much fun for her. I can't wait until the snow is gone up here!

then we sat on the bench
next, we took a break for lunch
then we played on the dinosaur and took some pictures
then we laid on the slide
then we went down the slide and played on the end
notice how she will never look up...she is taking everything in!
then we enjoyed the fresh air and played some more

...and last it was time to head home. She was not very happy when I put her back in the car. It was so much fun for her. I can't wait until the snow is gone up here!
"this is so much fun!"
"I had so much fun with mommy and playing at the park!"
Taylor also wanted to tell you about her day!
"I had so much fun with mommy and playing at the park!"
Second...on the way home I stopped buy the pool I swam and played water polo at in highschool (my senior year...before that we swam in an outdoor pool all year round...we were know as the polar bears...:) My old coach was there still coaching water polo. He was exactly the same. Good ol' Larry. It was fun to see him and get caught up. I spent so much of my time swimming and playing polo that Larry was very much apart of. We used to travel all the time and he took us so many fun places. I am so grateful for those times, and most importantly, my parents for letting me go. Here is what we did:
1-Florida Swim Trip '93
2-Laguna Beach (3 times) for the annual Seal Beach Open Water Swim
(we swam a mile in the ocean...such an experience)
3-California-water polo tournaments
4-Vegas(twice)-water polo
5-Maryland- water polo
6-San Fransisco-water polo
Okay...ONE more thing...
Tay-Tay has started to giggle when we try to tickle her. Here she is and her precious laugh.
2-Laguna Beach (3 times) for the annual Seal Beach Open Water Swim
(we swam a mile in the ocean...such an experience)
3-California-water polo tournaments
4-Vegas(twice)-water polo
5-Maryland- water polo
6-San Fransisco-water polo
I loved these experiences and it gave me so many memories. Swimming and Water Polo were some of my favorite memories. Larry was my coach in age group swimming and water polo. I think I started swimming around age 10(mom is that right), all the way up to my senior year...so that is 8 years with Larry. He was such a fun coach!
Anyway, I know this is long, but has become more of a journal entry for me to document. Feel free to stop if you have had enough.
At the pool all our old pictures and trophy's were still in the case. It was fun to see all our accomplisments and I couldn't believe they were still there. While I was in highschool, our team was really good. We took Region 4 years in a row and State 3 years in a row. I was a state champ in my events a couple of times(don't mean to boost). I still even hold a school record in the 400 Free Relay, along with 3 of my team mates. It is fun to see that it is still on the board 10 years later~
notice my name is spelled wrong...I never caught that before
Anyway, I know this is long, but has become more of a journal entry for me to document. Feel free to stop if you have had enough.
At the pool all our old pictures and trophy's were still in the case. It was fun to see all our accomplisments and I couldn't believe they were still there. While I was in highschool, our team was really good. We took Region 4 years in a row and State 3 years in a row. I was a state champ in my events a couple of times(don't mean to boost). I still even hold a school record in the 400 Free Relay, along with 3 of my team mates. It is fun to see that it is still on the board 10 years later~
almost done...here are some pictures that were still in the case. It was fun to revisit my past...by myself, and to see that things were still there. Although... they have been pushed to the back. But don't worry, I moved some things around and put them in the front. After all the memories I even called my good friend, Adi(who I spent all my swimming and polo days with), to catch up.
It was such a fun day and such a fun time visiting old friends and memories. My coach is now trying to convince me to come play polo one night a week...yeah, gonna have to think about that one!
It was such a fun day and such a fun time visiting old friends and memories. My coach is now trying to convince me to come play polo one night a week...yeah, gonna have to think about that one!
Okay...ONE more thing...
Tay-Tay has started to giggle when we try to tickle her. Here she is and her precious laugh.


10 comments:
It was so good to see you today. I wish I could have visited, but some of us have to work! Taylor is so beautiful. Come see us again soon.
I just love this post! So many good times. Oh, the memories! That little Taylor is just a little Jonna. I want to take her home so I can have a little Jonna of my very own!
better put some sunscreen on that baby of yours. she has been blessed with your fair complexion.
I LOVED Laguna swim trips...taking the 15-seater van up and down the hilly roads of Laguna, listening to Tina Turner...Getting aloe from the aloe plants on the beach to put in our sunburns (back in the day when I didn't care about wrinkles). I was always paranoid about sharks in the open water swim.
funny thing about the sunscreen...we both came home with some rosy cheeks. I haven't even thought twice, and then decided I need to carry sunscreen in the diaper bag.
I love the park pics! Kids are never too young to enjoy the park! They love to be outside and swing on the swings! I am jealous that you got to visit Pony! I need to get up there before Beth leaves! After she leaves there will be no more of my team members left! Sad! Did you ever decide on the Pony Party? Have you been house hunting yet? You better stop by when you come down!
Seriously blogs are the best. I always write things that I think others will find boring (which your's totally wasn't). But in 20 years from now, it will be so fun to read back. You know about all those sites where you can turn your blog into a printed book, pictures and all. I'm making a point to do one every year so I have something in print to pass along to kids.
Visiting memory lane is so much fun and sharing it with your kids is even better. I am glad you had a great day. I love Taylor's smile and laugh. So cute!!!
If you were taking a trip to your past you should have just stopped by. I love it that you took Taylor to the park she is so cute, we'll come next time.
Sounds like you and Taylor had a great day. It was so good to see both of you. Thank you for the gifts. You are so crafty! I can't wait to use all of it!!
It was so good to see you! I am glad that you came down this way! It is so nice to see the start of spring!
Post a Comment