12 February 2008

back to school


Got to have the clip art, right teachers? :)


For the last week or so, I have been subbing up here to make a little extra cash. I was a little excited to get back into the classroom, every now and then, to get my teaching fix that I have been missing. It was hard to get myself up and get motivated to go and teach someone else's kids, but I thought it would be fun. I must say, it was not what I was expecting.

Being a teacher, I have my expectations, and I was very spoiled by my school Pony! I came from a school that is very cohesive, social, and all around great! Everyone tries to adapt new ideas and really works with one another to make things work. Each grade level team is working together to share ideas, help with students, etc. So in my mind I thought all other schools were like this. I have never known anything else, and I have always thought I was so lucky to work at such a great school. Not that the schools I am subbing at aren't good, but they just aren't Pony! You fellow "ponyites" know what I am talking about and be very greatful for that school. I credit the way Pony is to my principal and the environment he set for teachers/students/and parents. Everyone is heard and everyone makes a super effort to make their class and the school successful.

Good ol' Pony!

I enjoyed going back to what I know so well, and giving what skills I have to more kids. The kids are always the same...they can put a smile on your face and remind why you became a teacher. But again, I compare it to my old school and see what a difference our school made. I have always told my principal and my husband that if I were ever to go back it would have to be Pony Express. I am grateful for the 4 years I had teaching and making a difference in students lives.

I think about going back in the future, but as all my teaching friends have said, who have now "retired" and become moms..."I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything!" Leaving Taylor was the hardest thing and I love to come home to her. I am grateful that eric can be the one to stay home with her so I can go out and make some extra money. Taylor is my full time job and I am so glad I am her mom! No job is greater!

I will always miss teaching and the friends I have made...but thank goodness for BLOGS! I have been able to keep in touch with so many of them. Thanks Pony for so many memories, friends, and experiences.


left to right: lindsey & me; christie, me & christine; beth, heidi c. & me
(this was the last day of school :()

left to right: camille, karen, me & chris; my team...can you guess what we are? we thought we were so funny, but people had a hard time guessing what we were, when we were by ourselves; my team again(me, brittany, misti,mandie, emily,jessica, christie, christine)


some more friends from pony: heidi b, and lacey


5 comments:

Jack Attack said...

i agree...being a mom is the best job, even on the worst day.

The Peterson's said...

I am really scared to leave pony next year to go to another school. But at least I have all our stuff before I go. Oh... the team is planning the baby shower around March 31st. That is the plan so far. I will let you know when it gets closer.

Laura T said...

Pony misses you too! It's so different this year, without so many of the great teachers that have been here the last few years. It's still a great school, don't get me wrong, but it's just not the same!

Lindsey said...

I agree with everything you wrote. Pony Express was/is the best school to teach at ever. I miss it a lot, but love being at home. Thanks for the pictures, even the one of me still sporting post pregnancy weight in my face. :) I loved the memories those pictures brought back.

I actually wasn't planning on going to the school on Monday. It's President's Day so school is closed. Laura and I are talking about trying to get together outside of school that day. Nothing is set yet, so we'll see if we actually are able to. I would love to go out to the school with you on Tuesday, but I have scheduled to go visiting teaching that day. I am so sorry. Hey, would you like to, maybe, stop by my house on your way home? At least we could see each other, visit for a bit, and maybe plan a play date with Heidi for a better day. Just a thought. Let me know what you think. :)

Natalie Kay said...

"Ponyites." I love it!!! I wish you lived closer so that you could sub here.