11 March 2011

ramblings

And so, the long break begins a bunch of ramblings.

Blogging has just been one of those things I don't want to do. Yet I want to keep up on it so I can continue with my blog books. This year will make my 5th book, such a great documentation. But is so hard to keep up on. I just took pictures of my kids for the first time in 3 months and now I just can't find the motivation to upload.

My life is changing(not to mention my body). I have never felt so many emotions before. The hardest one to deal with is how overwhelmed I feel. Preparing for two babies is a lot of work. Finding more of EVERYTHING is hard. I think the most difficult part for me is when I think about having all 4 kids home at once. I can not tell you how many people have told me, "If anyone can handle it, it's you." Seriously??? I feel so much pressure, I have so much anxiety thinking about it. What if I can't handle it, then what will you all think?:)

There is the other side, the happy, excited side. I get a little giddy thinking about the babes in my belly and how much joy they will bring. But it is hard when so much feedback from others is, "oh my goodness, it is going to be so hard," or "if you can just make it past the first 2 years you will be fine," or "(laugh) wow!" I want to hear the good side of it more! Thank goodness for my future sister-in-law and her mom, who has twins herself. She tells me constantly how much fun it will be and there is nothing better. Not too mention the overwhelming support I get from by parents.

I know I can do this, and things will be fine. But that doesn't mean I am not going to have those days where I  break down and cry. Or when I feel trapped in the house and the kids drive me up the wall. I just hope I can find the good in all of it, especially when it is rough.

And to top of my anxiety, I am so worried something will be wrong with one or both babies. We had our 20 week ultrasound(which I am measuring 27 weeks) and everything looked great. The babies are growing nicely and things are good. A relief, yes. But I keep hearing about how all multiples end up in NICU. I just want things to be okay and to take my babies home with me 4 days after they are born.

Did I mention we are having a boy and a girl? Yes, one of each! Couldn't be more thrilled. Here they are in my ever growing belly...I am huge and still have 4 months to go.



side by side-head shot
the girl
the boy

So the countdown begins...4 months to go!

13 comments:

Nicole said...

I follow your blog every now and again :) so excited for you! My good friend had twins 1 year ago and they made it to their due date, were both 6 lbs and left the hospital 2 days later. She makes it looks so easy and just has a "system" down. They do everything at the same time and then it isn't so bad. Can't wait to see those cute little babies :)

Kris said...

Get on the website for moms of multiples in northern Utah....(MOM). There must be a chat room.... I stalked down a mother of twins in tjmaxx last we'd. She had 4 mo old twins in a double stroller/ w ith click in seats. plus a 2 yr old running around her..... She was out shopping and looked really normal!!,,

The Peterson's said...

I am so excited for you! Owen is a twin and him mom really liked it(one boy one girl just like you). She said they always had someone to play with while they were little and once they got older they each had their own friends. Yea for new adventures! Good Luck!

The Hunzikers said...

Oh hooray! There is an update! AND I am thrilled you are having a boy and girl. That is what I would want so Jeff wouldn't mix them up :). I am sure it is overwhelming, but once they get here you won't be able to imagine life w/o them both. My friend has twin girls and they are SO much fun. They always have a playmate which is so nice. She also has a new baby and she wouldn't change anything. It will be hard getting in the rhythm but you'll have help (Taylor will be a great help too) and once those first few months go by (and they'll go fast), you'll be sailing! Not to mention, twins are just too cute. Love the baby twin pics where they cuddle into each other.

ashlee said...

I want to see a picture of you! Your babies look so cute! What names are you thinking?

Jenni Peay said...

I think I have said all of those things to you at one point, so all I can say now is I am here for you what ever you need!!!

Lindsey said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well with the babies. They are both adorable. And I totally agree with Beth! You will be amazing. And, if you feel up to it, the weather is getting so nice. I think we need to get together. I can totally come to your house if you want, and we could see if Heidi is available. I think it's been over a year since we last got together, so it's long over due!

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Jonna I am do thrilled for you! My friend Julie (you can find her on my blog) has twins and she just loves it! You'll be fine and I'm so excited for one of each!!! Yay!!!!!

Natalie Kay said...

I think twins would be SO MUCH FUN!! I couldn't be more happy for you and know things will be great!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Jonna so exciting! Truthfully Speen and I have always wanted twins (both times we have gone in for the ultrasound Spence has gone 'there is only one in there!') so we are so excited for you guys. I think it would be a blast. A boy and a girl is PERFECT! My dad is a fraternal twin and he and his sister were so close growing up. Every picture they have, they are holding hands and just best buddies and they would always protect each other. I am sure it will be a crazy adventure, but so so so so so fun and so exciting! Hang in there

Jess said...

Jonna, I haven't done blogging in so long I missed being updated on everyone and then I say yours and YEAH!!! I am so happy for you! This is so exciting. It is awesome to have a boy and a girl too. That is so fun. The names will be fun to pick out too. :) I miss my pony girls!

Hopkinson said...

Congratulations and all the well-wishes you deserve. I hope I get to meet them and your other darlings sometime.

mdcrownover said...

Congratulations... wow a boy and a girl... how cool. I love my blog books too. It's hard to keep up but so worth it. You are going to be Super MOM