out with the old...

in with the new...

Back in January, I started reacting to the make up I was wearing. Now I wasn't wearing anything expensive. I had come to a point where I hated spending the $$$ on makeup. I used to wear Bobby Brown, but only because my in-laws, before I was married to eric, took me to get a make over at the counter in Nordstroms, 8 years ago. I had never worn make up before that, only mascara.
Maybe it was because I spent half my day in the water(swimming and water polo) and who has time to put makeup on more than once a day...I didn't. I also sported a really short hair cut...but it was much easier to manage when I was always in the pool, plus when you have early morning practice there wasn't much time to get ready and so short it was. Also, my friends and I were not much of makeup wearers. We were such easy going girls, always having fun and there was never anytime for "getting dolled up." I liked it that way.
Anyway, like I was saying, my eyes starting turning red and itching and bumpy. It hurt and I couldn't wear anything. When I wasn't going out I wouldn't put anything on(made the morning routine shorter), and if I was going out it would just be mascara. I have really blond eyelashes and I just look funny without it. I didn't mind the no makeup but I did feel funny for awhile, ugly sometimes, but it was fine.
3 months later I finally got it to clear up, not completely but it is so much better. I tried many different things from the store and they didn't help. So I decided it was time to suck it up and buy the expensive stuff again. But I was still worried I would have a reaction to it. My sister told me about Bare Minerals. With my sensitive skin, I mean sensitive, I needed something without any chemicals or preservatives.

I got my kit in the mail today(after testing a sample my sister gave me), watched the tutorial and got all dolled up. I feel different, in a good way. It is fun to put on makeup and I didn't realize how much it can make you feel better. Most importantly it feels "flawless," just like they say and if feels good on my skin. The irritation is no longer irritating me and...
I feel pretty!

now,would you work on those wrinkles, I mean "expression lines?"
in with the new...
Back in January, I started reacting to the make up I was wearing. Now I wasn't wearing anything expensive. I had come to a point where I hated spending the $$$ on makeup. I used to wear Bobby Brown, but only because my in-laws, before I was married to eric, took me to get a make over at the counter in Nordstroms, 8 years ago. I had never worn make up before that, only mascara.
Maybe it was because I spent half my day in the water(swimming and water polo) and who has time to put makeup on more than once a day...I didn't. I also sported a really short hair cut...but it was much easier to manage when I was always in the pool, plus when you have early morning practice there wasn't much time to get ready and so short it was. Also, my friends and I were not much of makeup wearers. We were such easy going girls, always having fun and there was never anytime for "getting dolled up." I liked it that way.
Anyway, like I was saying, my eyes starting turning red and itching and bumpy. It hurt and I couldn't wear anything. When I wasn't going out I wouldn't put anything on(made the morning routine shorter), and if I was going out it would just be mascara. I have really blond eyelashes and I just look funny without it. I didn't mind the no makeup but I did feel funny for awhile, ugly sometimes, but it was fine.
3 months later I finally got it to clear up, not completely but it is so much better. I tried many different things from the store and they didn't help. So I decided it was time to suck it up and buy the expensive stuff again. But I was still worried I would have a reaction to it. My sister told me about Bare Minerals. With my sensitive skin, I mean sensitive, I needed something without any chemicals or preservatives.
I got my kit in the mail today(after testing a sample my sister gave me), watched the tutorial and got all dolled up. I feel different, in a good way. It is fun to put on makeup and I didn't realize how much it can make you feel better. Most importantly it feels "flawless," just like they say and if feels good on my skin. The irritation is no longer irritating me and...
I feel pretty!
now,would you work on those wrinkles, I mean "expression lines?"

4 comments:
So nice to FEEL pretty! on days when I leave the house AND get ready I only wear powder, blush and sunscreen chapstick. But those days are very few lately.
Beautiful! That does it, I am going to try it! I'm like you, hate spending a ton on makeup (not that I have money to spend - hello, student!) But, I've heard enough testimonials from real people I know. I'm sold. Thanks for posting the pic, that really convinced.
so pretty. what eye colors did you get? (p.s. could you send black ruby back down with mom? you can keep the other one)
If you like the Bare Minerals but don't want to spend a ton of money try the E.L.F. brand mineral's. I really like them. (Still mineral so no chemicals). Much cheaper!! It is available on their web site elf.com
Post a Comment