8 years, 3 apartments, 2 house sittings, and 2 kids later, we are finally buying a house.
I feel like we are growing up and making one of those really big decisions you make when you get married. It took us a lot longer than normal but we are now home owners.
I am excited to finally settle and have places to put our things. We are pretty much starting from scratch. We sold all our furniture before we moved up here and now we have to buy couches, dining room table, and everything except for beds. I think our house is going to be pretty bare for awhile.
Where are we moving, you ask? Farmington...north. I was hesitant to live up north. I am not very familiar with it, but it was the best location since Eric works in Ogden so his drive is now 20 minuets instead of 1 hr. and 1o min. Much better.
Part of buying a house has gotten me excited to actually decorate rooms. My kids have not had a nursery and not even crib bedding(at that is what I do...make crib bedding). But with all my picture taking I need a crib and it is a pain to take on and off bedding all the time, so I just don't use them. But now they are going to get a room all made up for them. I am excited and stumped at the same time. I hate decorating sometimes and I have a hard time figuring out what I want.
So I browse the internet looking for ideas. I found some that I really like and I think this is what I will do for the kids rooms.

{I have had the pinkish pom poms since her 1st birthday and I knew I wanted to use them in her room somehow. I found this bedroom and loving the pink and orange combo with a touch of grey}
Ryan:

{I love the color combo and again pom poms, wondering if that is too much having pom poms in both rooms, we will see}
or this...

{the bedding in the picture is a set I did for a client...her over all room was put together nicely, I have been drawn towards the turquoise and orange lately}

12 comments:
Ok...I have to fess up. I don't know if you remember me, but I am a Grimm, and I have been checking up on you guys for a while now. Sorry. I live in Kaysville and love it. You will love Farmington. Where exactly are you going? It's really quiet and family oriented. I hope I run into you guys sometime! Good luck with the move, and please forgive me for "stalking" you. You have the best ideas and I love all of your bedding. Tell Phil and Connie I said hi! (And Eric too) Jen Grimm
Congrats! That's so exciting! Where do you get all the kids rooms pictures? When we find out what we are having then I'm going to need to get busy decorating.
Congrats homeowner, that is so exciting. What a nice change for eric to have such a shorter commute. And, I went on your website the other day, all your bedding so amazing, you are so talented Jonna!
lacey, I browse HGTV's Rate My Space and Ohdeedoh.com. It is so helpful in getting ideas!
Good luck, can't wait to hear what you are having.
Yeah!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures of your new house. As for decorating, we have lived in our house 5 years and I am still decorating. It stresses me out sometimes. Good luck!!!
P.S. I love the fabric book holder. Can I steal that idea?
lindsay...steal away. It wasn't my idea, plus isn't that what we teachers do!
I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see pictures. I think you were smart to sell your stuff and start from scratch because it will be so much more fun.
YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! You are not too far now! We will have to get together more often! Congrats on the new house, we will have to come see you. I love your decor ideas. Kids rooms are the best. I like doing them more than the rest of my house. In fact we have been here three years and my bedroom is still not decorated. Romnee will have a room and decor before I will. ha ha! When do you move in? I think selling stuff is the best way to go. We did the same thing when we moved and if we move again, I will probably sell everything again. New house, new stuff!
You will have a beautiful house when it is all put together. You are amazing like that. Congrats on the house! It will be so much fun having a house!
... i like the part about Eric's commute only being 20 'minuets'--- just how long does it take to do 20 MINUETS anyway???? :-)
note the simple fabric covered roller shades ( aka CHEAP!!!) in the orange and turquoise boys room...) Easy Squeezy--- i can help you do that.....
the cluster of pom poms are really cute for taylor's room. for a boy....not so much? jack's room is a shade of blue and orange and I love it. can't wait to see it
Post a Comment