8:00~kids arise and come to wake me up or play in their room
8:30~finally get out of bed and start 1st pumping of the day
9:30~wander down stairs, fix breakfast for taylor and ryan
10:00~lounge on the couch while taylor and ryan play
10:30~2nd pumping
11:00-Noon~get showered and ready, then get the kids dressed and ready
Noon-2~ 3rd & 4th pumping, and one or some of the following
*kids play...sew...clean...run errands...lunch...fold laundry...do dishes...relax...chase the kids*
2:00~Put ryan down for nap, and taylor in our room for quiet time
2:15~Do business on computer
3:00 ~still doing buisness on computer or start sewing
3:15~ Eric gets home.
3:30~I leave for the hospital to see the babes. Eric works out and takes over with taylor and ryan
4:00-6:30~I visit with Mac and Lily. Eric lounges with Tay, wakes Ryan at 5:00, and makes dinner. 5th pumping of the day.
7:00~I get home.
7:15~Eric leaves for the hospital to visit with the babes.
7:30~bedtime routine(bath, teeth, pj's, stories, pray)
8:00~Taylor and ryan are down for the night
8:00-10:00~relax, do more business on computer, maybe sew, watch some t.v, 6th pumping.
10:30~Eric gets home. we watch t.v.
11:00~Eric goes to bed. I come in shortly after
Eric and I see each other for maybe a hour a day. We take turns with dinner shifts or bedtime shifts. Depending on who wants to go when, to see the twins. Our lives don't stop moving, not to mention our thoughts. I have never been more overwhelmed mentally before now. There is so much to keep track of and process. It takes a toll trying to juggle life between the NICU and home. It helps when my family, friends and neighbors offer to help. It is hard for me to ask, but I am learning. I have had a couple neighbors watch the kids and give me rides to the hospital. And my sister, who lives in Las Vegas, still manages to help. Making my bedding for the twins and taking many orders so I don't have to worry about it. Along with my friends who also are sewing for me!
We have had SO much help, especially from my parents. They have taken Taylor and Ryan overnight couple of times{which we ended up sleeping till 10:30!} and they come down numerous times to just watch the kids while we go in to see Mac and Lily. They are there when our car breaks down, and they understand what's important and they help to make it work for us. It is only fitting that we gave Mac and Lily their names. Mac James and Lily Ann. I don't think we would be able to do half the things we need to do without them. Thank you mom and dad for always calling to check in on the twins and to help us get through this difficult time. We can't tell you enough how much it means to us.

1 comment:
You are so strong and amazing! My thoughts and prayers are with you always!
Post a Comment