These are signs that I have children living here. And personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. I have learned to embrace the clutter, and toys everywhere because I like the reminder that their are kids living here. My kids. When the dishes pile up in the sink or the laundry is like a mountain on my bed, it's okay. I would rather have all that then it be quiet.
{toys all over the living room-and this is just a little}
{piles of laundry}
{toys left from bath time}
{things to help}
{signs of writing/drawing}
{fingerprints on the doors}
It is the mundane that can be the most rewarding. Sometimes there are those days when it is hard to remember that being a full time mom is one of the most rewarding jobs. Especially when I may have been up till 2:00 am the night before sewing, and the kids decide to wake up at 7:00 instead of 8:30. Or the laundry is still in a pile now on the chair, which was moved from the bed. And child #1 has started the day whining and picking on child #2. And you have nothing planned for the day and wish you had something productive to do. Plus, the toys are still all over the living room floor from the day before.
I don't like to dwell on these days. And I would rather forget the 'egh' of those days and focus on the good. When I dwell it makes those days harder. That is why I don't post about the 'egh' in my life. No my life is not so perfect and happy all the time.Thankfully the "egh" is outweighed by the good. But there is some good from the mundane. Hanging out at home all day with nothing to do can bring some great moments. You have to catch them, and when you do...aah! I find myself laughing a lot with my kids when I really sit with them and just watch, it is amazing what they come up with.
The mundane brings some of my happiest moments,if I let it. Being too busy and always on the go can make me miss out on those moments. I am thankful everyday, even through the rough ones, to be home with my kids. I don't feel I had to give up my dreams or sacrifice my education to be a mom. I wanted this and I want the fingerprints over everything, the crumbs on the floor, the yelling, screaming, crying, laughing, and the constant pitter-patter of feet throughout my home.
***added later****
Reminded by my own mother...naptime...I look forward to it everyday. It is my quiet time and my time to work. I trained my kids to sleep on the same schedule. Sadly, I think ryan is over 2 naps. But thank goodness for afternoon naps!

4 comments:
...well said--- but you forgot the bliss of naptime/quiettime.....My girls are such good moms!
love love this post. keep it up.
you've always been more relaxed and patient than I. makes you a good mama.
Love this post Jonna! I totally relate to you on so many aspects, especially the sewing (me editing) until 2 am, then getting an earlier wake up call than normal :) Glad to hear I'm not the only Mom awake in the wee hours. Unfortunately I'm not going to be in Utah any time this fall, since my baby is due in two weeks. The soonest we'd possibly be there is after Christmas. If I ever come to UT and decide to do a few "work" days, I'll include you in a group email of other interested people. I would love to photograph your cute family one day!
Post a Comment