21 February 2010

being a mom


being a mom is one of the most rewarding and amazing jobs.

but being a mom of a sick child is one of the hardest parts of the job

taylor is sick, 102.7, weak with an upset stomach. we spent last night waking up ever hour, taylor dying of thirst and some light throwing up. we changed sheets, and pj's. I wanted to sleep with her in her room so I could be there asap if she were to hurl, and to ease my mind, but she wouldn't let me! i was so sad and so worried all night. it was about 3:00 am when we both got to sleep only to wake up at 7:30am.

we spent all of sunday on the couch, eating popsicle's and watching shows. taylor was so exhausted she fell asleep in the corner on the floor. luckily by the evening the fever had broke and she was starting to warm up again.



{pics from around Christmas time}

i am glad it only lasted 2 days with minimal throwing up.
my girl is better and trying to get back to her spunky self.


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sick kids are the worse. I think watching your child suffer and feeling helpless is the worst part. Glad to hear that Taylor is feeling better.

Marty & Meghan Rich said...

"The phrase "working mother" is redundant."
-- Jane Sellman
I love this quote..